Quantcast

Pacifica...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We hiked up Mile so we could see what we were coming down. We also dropped Boyscout 4 times. The climb to the top takes like 8 minutes, which is simply amazing for the (albeit short) beautiful and smooth 3-4 minute run that you get. Plus, getting back to the car 50 feet from the end of the trail is always nice.

I are has picks...

H0ld pl33z.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sweet shots. I like the stuff a little further down.

The first and only time I went to Pacifica I hit that one. I need to go there when its not a slopfest like it was the only time I have been there.

Mike, maybe sometime in the next couple weeks I can catch a ride up there with you or something after work?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
OG: That's a HUGE double. I think that my buddy Peter hit that one. We were all riding clips though. I've lost the will to live when it comes to jumping my 44lb. bike on flats.

Josh: We might head up there on Saturday. Probably leave around 9am, and get back around 3pm. You in?

-Mike

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
OG: That's a HUGE double.
It's deceptive. I hate it when people tell me stuff is "easy" but it's not nearly as bad as it seems. It took me a while to go slow enough to actually hit the landing transition - I over-jumped it to flat a bunch of times first. It's a mind game for sure, there is nothing especially technical about it and it doesn't kick you in any weird way. The other three long ones on the rider's far right are fun too but because they are lower and longer, those require more speed.

:cheers:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm fine with long, flat speedy ones. It's the lippy ones that I can't finagle. But OG, I know first hand how big that one is. It's always a mind game with most of these jumps. Until you get to the big airs, where you have to flail your arms about like you're trying to helicopter yourself to safety... it's all in your head.

Surfkahakai

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
Looks like a good place to take some photos. I've got flashes and too much money sunk into lenses. If anyone wants to get some photos there let me know. I'm free Sat-Tue.

Nov 29, 2006
Thanks for the memories. I remember riding at the boy scout camp on a full rigid Schwin Varsity 10 speed. As a Boy Scout I even camped there once. This was around the time they invented the banana seat and before they invented mountain bikes or BMX. I was born too soon.

I remember riding single track all day on that bike. The San Francisco Parks Department didn't call my trails single track in the 60's. They called them gardener trails.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Looks like a good place to take some photos. I've got flashes and too much money sunk into lenses. If anyone wants to get some photos there let me know. I'm free Sat-Tue.
Surfkahakai... where in Santa Clara are you?

My parents live near Pruneridge/Saratoga.

What are you shooting with?

Surfkahakai

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
I live off of 880 and Bascom.

Shooting with a Canon 20D, some Canon glass (15mm, 17-40mm, 50mm, 70-200mm, 600mm) and a few flashes. I also have an old EOS 630 I like to shoot with sometimes when I feel like playing with film.

Surfkahakai

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
I just got into mountain biking and usually just ride fire trails with the wife. If I get hurt right now I'm screwed at work so I can't go do stupid stuff for another 3 1/2 months. Another reason I don't ride much is my friend who I would ride with broke his collar bone. I can't get any of my other friends to start riding.