Quantcast

Pacifica?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
A few friends and myself are looking to hit up Pacifica tomorrow (Janurary 4) and we have no idea where to go or what to ride. does anyone know where to go, or is anyone riding tomorrow who doesn't mind showing us around? We were thinking about Carlmont as well if Pacifica doesn't work out, but again, we have no idea where to go. Any info would be great, thanks.

Dave

Raacerx

Monkey
A few friends and myself are looking to hit up Pacifica tomorrow (Janurary 4) and we have no idea where to go or what to ride. does anyone know where to go, or is anyone riding tomorrow who doesn't mind showing us around? We were thinking about Carlmont as well if Pacifica doesn't work out, but again, we have no idea where to go. Any info would be great, thanks.

Dave
just go to the local bikeshop over there in town. its on the ocean side of highway 1. phonebook/internet. show up there, be nice and polite, and Im sure they would tell you where to go.

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Gearhead Bikes moved to the back of Linda Mar Valley.

Google Higgins Way, Pacifica, and park there. It's a neighborhood street, so be nice to the locals.

The Boy Scout trails end on Higgins. You can follow the trail up. If you have a few hours and want to ride Crack or Mile, ride your bike all the way to the end of Higgins. There's a gate and a fireroad. Follow the fireroad up. Ask someone on a bike where the trails start. There will be plenty of people to tell you where to go.

As with any local trails, please pack out your trash and be nice to the hikers, bikers, and equestrians. Thanks!

damon

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
I'm gonna double up on what Jump Chump said and stress the importance of being nice to the locals. Don't play music loud or stand around for too long gearing up or anything, just get the bikes and stuff and start heading up the hill. That way we can all live in peace and harmony and keep the ability to unload and load up right where the trail exits.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Awesome, thanks for the info. No problem about being nice to the locals, all 3 of us riding know the drill. No point in messing it up for anyone.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
The ride was awesome, thanks for all the info here, and if we saw you guys on the trail thanks again for the ride info. We ran into some really cool locals and other people riding and hiking that got us all the way up past crack and then we came down and sessioned boyscout for a while. That carreer ender jump or whatever it was called was really fun. I was dead from the hike up, but I made my legs work for me a little while longer to do some jumping. Thanks again, hopefully we'll be able to make it back up there again and hit it up.