Quantcast

Packers quarterback Brett Favre has announced that he will retire

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Packers GM Ted Thompson this afternoon held a brief press conference to address questions from the media regarding today's announcement.

Stay tuned to Packers.com for a complete transcript, audio and video of today's press conference

http://packers.com/breaking_news/

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He's 38, right?

Vinny Testeverde is like 43 and still contributes.
And it's sad. Favre has done a great job, he was an awesome QB, but he's done what he can do. There is no shame walking away while you still have game. Playing past your years is sad.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If he played for the Bears, I swear to god I would not watch one game until he left the team and the GM who recruited him was fired. And I can tell you that my reaction wouldnt be an uncommon one. It would be financial suicide.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome.

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -Brett Favre's retirement lore is becoming almost as popular as his on-the-field heroics.

On Thursday, the Packers' official Web site briefly reported he was retiring, but the page under the breaking news section was live for only a few minutes.

"There's nothing to it," Packers spokesman Jeff Blumb told The Associated Press. "People who handle our Web site had set up a dummy page in the event he was to retire. They were asked to take down that page."

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Oh no, the all time INT leader has decided to quit embarrassing his team.

Word has it he wanted to come back this year, but the team made it abundantly clear he was not wanted back LOL! Later a-hole.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm just poking fun.

I can't quite separate out how much is your over-the-top commentary and how much you actually believe about Favre, but either way it's making me laugh. :p

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
If you want to see many grown men crying....come to Wisconsin.

The TV stations have preempted regular programing & are wall-to-wall with this story.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I genuinely can't stand the man.

I would actually urinate on him if I could do so with impunity.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Even money that this turns out to be BS as well.
I agree.

I can't believe his last pass will be an interception. Seems like he wouldn't allow that; however, it's looking more and more like he came back last year just to break some of Marino's records :disgust1:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
I genuinely can't stand the man.
Yeah, well, I get that. But the implication that he is anything less than a tremendous football player is kinda silly.

pedalmunky

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I'm a lifelong Bears fan, and I can say two things with certainty about Favre: he torched my team more than any other single player, and he was the greatest quarterback I have ever seen.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I agree.

I can't believe his last pass will be an interception. Seems like he wouldn't allow that; however, it's looking more and more like he came back last year just to break some of Marino's records :disgust1:
I can. Besides his one SB, he has made a habit of exiting the post season with terrible INTs causing lost games. Seriously. Pack fans get very angry when you mention this.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I'm a lifelong Bears fan, and I can say two things with certainty about Favre: he torched my team more than any other single player, and he was the greatest quarterback I have ever seen.
and was the most FUN to watch play out of them all.
The guy truly loved playing the game.
And at 38, check out his '07 stats to see if he still had "it."
Favre owned.