Quantcast

Pacquiao vs Cottey

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Boooooooring. I'm surprised there was no thread yet.

Did Cottey think Pac was going to wear out? FAIL.

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Quotes from the trainers:

Lenny DeJesus, Clottey's trainer, was frustrated with his man's refusal to throw punches.

"Joshua had the power to knock him out, but was reluctant to punch," he said. "We clearly got beat. I don't think we won a round."

And:

"Manny will break down any defense," he said. "He never gets tired. He throws a million punches. If Mayweather doesn't come out of his shell Manny will pile up the points like he did tonight. When you're in with a buzz saw, it's very difficult to do anything. Manny prevented Clottey from throwing his punches by throwing his own punches, and he throws from so many angles."

Ha, he was reluctant to punch because everytime he did, Manny would light his ass up.
I have followed Manny his whole career, and he has always been awesome, but in the last few years, he has turned into an absolute freak show.
He should not even be fighting in that weight class with bigger stronger guys like Cotto and Clottey yet he is absolutely destroying them.
If Mayweather ducks him again after the Mosely fight, its going to be very clear why.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
One article I read, the author was amazed that Clottey still had a working left kidney after all the right hooks he took...I think the punch stats were:

Manny: 1,239
Josh: 399

Something close to that anyway....wicked.
He's going to be pissing blood for a week.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I can't watch boxing anymore. Too one dimensional. They don't do take downs, kicks, or submissions. Boring.