Quantcast

Padded Palms on DH gloves

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Cliff notes-hurt my hand, an injury that commonly ends careers for cyclists, doc says that if i want to keep riding, i need a glove that has a padded palm, specifically the side opposite the thumb. Anybody know of any hucker gloves?

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
What about the ergon grips? While the padding isn't thick they provide nice support where you are talking about. I've pedaled m dad's stumpjumper around with them and they're pretty comfy though I'm not sure how well they'd work for DH.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Specialized has a couple nice gloves with padding, for DH use i'd recommend the Radiator glove.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
is this any kinda riding or just dh at diablo? I have noticed that after i downhill at diablo for a day my hands are coooookkked... doesnt happen anywhere else.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I can ride downhill, its the hardtail and DJ i may have to give up. essentially its similar to having a bruise that will never go away. I cant ride my hardtail around the street (yet) but i can rip a day at diablo, this may have to do with taller bars and more pressure on my feet. You ride "in" downhill bikes, you ride "on" hardtails/bmx bikes. Thanks for the gloves monkies, certainly going to order some

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
This may sound or seem stupid but I'd suggest the ESI Chunky grips if you can manage riding with them. They do a good job of cushioning and damping the hits and vibrations.

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
so, no more fapping?
:D

seriously though, after i broke my triquetral bone, i had to experiment with my cockpit setup to be comfortable on my bike again.
my solution was a new handlebar with 11° back- & 4° upsweep and the chunkiest grips i could find (lizard skins northshore)