Quantcast

Paging Atlanta folks

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hi y'all.

I'm going to be in Atlanta April 4-9 for work and am debating on what toy to bring. If there are any dirtjumps north of town, especially outside of the perimeter, (OTP yo), I'd rather bring my jumpy bike just because the activity is a simpler process and involves bringing less work related stuff.

I went to Georga Tech for two years so I'm pretty familiar with the city and can probably understand directions if ya got'em. (it's on peachtree right? )

If no dirtjumps, is yellow river still around? What about the trails in Gainesville?

Also, refresh my memory.....how long of a drive is it to elijay and/or Bear(or is it bull) mtn?

Thanks

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Yellow river is no more..... county has dozed it and is putting in walking trails..
although rumour has it that some <cough>interesting stuff was built on the creek side before they tear it down</cough> :sneaky:

I haven't been out there in a while but this was posted on the SORBA forum so I guess it's not really a secret....

here is the thread with pics of what the river side looks like

Gainsville is good to go.
Bear Creek is about an 1-1.5 hour drive
Bull Mtn. is about 45min - hour.
Both places are really good for XC, travel times can be longer depending on what day it is, what the weather is like, if somebody decides to jump off an overpass etc... Oh and if somebody decides to start shooting people up in a courtroom...

The freeride park probably won't be completed by then but your more than welcome to check it out. It's on the way to Gainsville/Bull Mtn area.

Bring the DJ bike and you might want to PM Peete. He'll be able to give you directions to a great 4x track on da southside.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Yo... Im right across the street from peidmont park. Bring a HT, and we can ride some urban one night... If you went to Tech, Im sure you know some of the spots.

Ill probably just be cruising... Recovering from ACL surgery, PM as the time nears, and we'll figure somthing out.

Andrew

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Techwoon homes is now mostly GSU/Tech housing. Gotta love techwood. technicaly the oldest "projects" in the US. They were the first housing project under "the new deal".

Kewl stuff