Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
His dog shot him...

U.S. News - Dog shoots man: Medics remove 27 pellets from hunter's buttocks

Dog shoots man: Medics remove 27 pellets from hunter's buttocks
By msnbc.com staff and The Associated Press

A bird hunter in Utah was shot in the buttocks after his dog stepped on a shotgun laid across the bow of a boat.

Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter says the 46-year-old Brigham City man was duck hunting with a friend 10 miles west of the city when he climbed out of the boat to move decoys.

Potter says the man left his 12-gauge shotgun in the boat and the dog stepped on it, causing it to fire.

It wasn't clear whether the safety on the gun was on at the time.

A report on KSL.com said the men called 911 and walked to the main road to wait for emergency crews.

Potter says the man was hit from about 10 feet away. He says the man wasn't seriously injured, in part because he was wearing waders.

The Salt Lake City Tribune said the wounded hunter was transported to Brigham City Community Hospital about 9 a.m. Sunday, where doctors removed 27 pellets of birdshot.

It said neither the dog, nor any ducks, were injured.

KSL.com said Potter did not have information on the type of dog that stepped on the shotgun.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
GFF had it coming in that respect. Like the Animal Kingdom formed its own Mujahideen, built up an assassin corps, and sent them after GFF. It all makes sense now.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
This vet would highly appreciate Zoeey Descahnel auctioning herself off!!! My dream girl. Pardon the drunkeness.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was thinking of bidding on this with the hopes of derailing my brother's engagement...

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I think you could get your money back selling the story, true or not, of your late night romp with Scarjo, to the tabloids.