Quantcast

Paging IH Porter Riders

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Is anyone out there running a small (12") porter? How is the foot clearance for x-ups and barspins? I would be running a sherman jumper.

Uncle Jimmi

Chimp
Nov 17, 2005
I jump left foot forward and x-up to the right so I don't have any trouble. I am 5'6" and like my bike small so it works for me. May want to get a slight lay-back seat post, even my knees feel a little close to the bars. I like the way mine feels very much but you my want to concider a 14 if you are any taller than me.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Salami said:
Daniel,

How tall are you? I thought were about my height 5' 11"-6ft.

BTW, did you get my PM?
Got it. I'm like 5'10" ish but I really like small bikes. Just wanna figure out what will work best, I will definitely pick one up.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I like my bikes on the small side but not tiny. The 12" is pretty tiny in my opinion. Did you ever get any seat time on a Sunday? The cockpit on my 17" Sunday with 50mm stem is almost spot on (within a 1/4")with my 14" Porter with 50mm stem. Granted the rest off the geometry is different but the length of cockpit is almost identical.

What size is your Demo? Are you on a small or medium?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Salami said:
I like my bikes on the small side but not tiny. The 12" is pretty tiny in my opinion. Did you ever get any seat time on a Sunday? The cockpit on my 17" Sunday with 50mm stem is almost spot on (within a 1/4")with my 14" Porter with 50mm stem. Granted the rest off the geometry is different but the length of cockpit is almost identical.

What size is your Demo? Are you on a small or medium?
I've sat on a sunday but never ridden one... I might go check one out again today. I'm on a medium demo which fits me perfectly, maybe a little small but I like it that way.