Quantcast

Paging T-Pro snowshoe future plans?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Thanks for giving us the schedule in the previous post you made, and this past weekend/season at snowshoe has been some of the best riding i have ever done so :thumb: to that.

Can you comment on any plans for expansion of bike park trails/features on the basin side. I totally agree that getting the western territory lift open all the time should be of high priority, but when we were riding this weekend we were wondering why there hasn’t been much expansion in the bike park since last season :confused:

Can we expect power line to extend to the top of the mountain?

Is there the possibility of bridges and other features on the western territories side?

How bout a monsterpark/slopestyle area open all the time.

Again just questions? Im sure others are curious about these things as well...

-Bill

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Thanks for giving us the schedule in the previous post you made, and this past weekend/season at snowshoe has been some of the best riding i have ever done so :thumb: to that.

Can you comment on any plans for expansion of bike park trails/features on the basin side. I totally agree that getting the western territory lift open all the time should be of high priority, but when we were riding this weekend we were wondering why there hasn’t been much expansion in the bike park since last season :confused:

Can we expect power line to extend to the top of the mountain?

Is there the possibility of bridges and other features on the western territories side?

How bout a monsterpark/slopestyle area open all the time.

Again just questions? Im sure others are curious about these things as well...

-Bill
Goals for next year include a groomed beginner type trail on the basin. Powerline completed top to bottom. Continued DH trail expansion on the Western Territory as well as on the Basin (Bike Park.) You may see some more Park/Bridge type elements on the Western Territory.

The future of the Mtn. X course is up in the air. Depending on our events schedule we may have a slopestyle/mtn X course or maybe not... no promises here.

We are going to be hosting a race series of around 3 races during the season. Along with FreeRide events, industry weekends, Holiday weekends, etc...

Expect some possible changes with the Western Territory operation. We will try to operate our lift as much as possible centering around event weekends. Look for possibly running the lift twice a month.

Basin operation hours and dates will go under minor changes.

Our skate park is changing location and may go under expansion as well. We are looking into moving it over to Skidder slope in front of shavers center and including a dirt jump/Slalom course in this area.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
T-Pro said:
Goals for next year include a groomed beginner type trail on the basin. Powerline completed top to bottom. Continued DH trail expansion on the Western Territory as well as on the Basin (Bike Park.) You may see some more Park/Bridge type elements on the Western Territory.

The future of the Mtn. X course is up in the air. Depending on our events schedule we may have a slopestyle/mtn X course or maybe not... no promises here.

We are going to be hosting a race series of around 3 races during the season. Along with FreeRide events, industry weekends, Holiday weekends, etc...

Expect some possible changes with the Western Territory operation. We will try to operate our lift as much as possible centering around event weekends. Look for possibly running the lift twice a month.

Basin operation hours and dates will go under minor changes.

Our skate park is changing location and may go under expansion as well. We are looking into moving it over to Skidder slope in front of shavers center and including a dirt jump/Slalom course in this area.
These plans sound great, it will be really cool to be able to hit powerline from the top of the mountain, that way you can hit it on a hardtail and still be able to hold on to the bars at the bottom. That rock chute leading into it is hell if you want to hard tail it.

I think some bridges and what not would be really kickass on the western territories side...

-beginner trails would be a :thumb: for the basin side. I cant imagine being a beginner and rolling in on the "A" trail.

One of the best ideas i see is the movement of the skatepark/dirtjump area. I really think that it would be great to have a feature like that on the basin side of the mountain. I just picture everyone kicking it there after lifts close for the day hitting some dj's and riding the park. I think that would be a great addition. The DJ's would need to be maintained though, not kept like the little lumps that are there now ;)

sounds great though!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i think a beginner trails is a geart idea because most none experanced poeple have to on the fire road to skip trail A and B. i consider myself fairly experanced and i don't like the beginning of hte A or B trail (i did ride a hardtail there though). its just steep and normally really slick. i know 2 time i literally ended up in a tree

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Based on my limited experience riding SS (was up for Mayhem weekend and that's it) I can say that they have the rocky trails covered nicely. What I'd like to see (and I didn't get to see most of the basin btw, I was too beat up)...

Fast flowy bermed trails that don't shake my teeth loose. With some nice speedy hits that send you out more than up.

Also, in the immortal words of the Collective, "buff singletrack that was like it was raked out in front of you." Ball and Jack is the closest I found, and it wasn't that fast or steep, but it was a nice little bit before it turned into the sport DH rock chute (which was fun in its own right).

Powerline is a good start but it's definitely in a bit of disrepair. Extending it to the top would indeed be quite cool provided it can be maintained. I liked it despite my lack of jumping ability on a full susser. Good start, good potential.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
HotButterToppin said:
Based on my limited experience riding SS (was up for Mayhem weekend and that's it) I can say that they have the rocky trails covered nicely. What I'd like to see (and I didn't get to see most of the basin btw, I was too beat up)...

Fast flowy bermed trails that don't shake my teeth loose. With some nice speedy hits that send you out more than up.

Also, in the immortal words of the Collective, "buff singletrack that was like it was raked out in front of you." Ball and Jack is the closest I found, and it wasn't that fast or steep, but it was a nice little bit before it turned into the sport DH rock chute (which was fun in its own right).

Powerline is a good start but it's definitely in a bit of disrepair. Extending it to the top would indeed be quite cool provided it can be maintained. I liked it despite my lack of jumping ability on a full susser. Good start, good potential.
Powerline was built rather quickly, one reason it's in the shape it is in. It will be totally re-built and extended for next year, I believe. You may not have had the chance to ride a trail called Sweet Dreams, at the bottom of what is normally the sport course. While it isn't very long, it is exactly what you described. Wide open flat and bermed turns that are smooth as buttha...you can pin it like mad when dry. I'm totally stoked for Snowshoe next season...i'd like to see another comp. like Monster Park go down, too. I'm going to try and make it up before or during closing weekend...hopefully see some of you fools up there. :thumb:

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Was just looking at my trail map and I don't see Sweet Dreams, so chances are you're right, we didn't ride it.

On a slightly related note...The trail naming should be converted to all names, as the arbitrary "letter/number combo" is nearly impossible to remember, and it's made worse when you don't know where you're going and half the trails seem to have names and half don't. Names posted btw, I know they're all named on the trail map but that requires digging it out at every junction to cross references.

Just a small gripe, I'll survive I assure you, but I noticed a LOT of people didn't know what trails were what. How did I do this poll? I was asking for directions, that's how, and usually had to go through several people before I ended up with someone who knew where they were going. ;)

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Quote: The future of the Mtn. X course is up in the air. Depending on our events schedule we may have a slopestyle/mtn X course or maybe not... no promises here.

Just wanted to note that I really hope the MTNX course stays. I know that I will definetly be making two trips out there next year if it still is. I had a blast riding that course for the MAC!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
HotButterToppin said:

AMEN :thumb:

T-Pro are you listening to this, dont get me wrong, the rocks and gnar are great and i love riding them, but hitting some fast flowy stuff for a change is just pure bliss. I know snowshoe is known for its rocky tech stuff, but that aside i think the park needs some more fast flowy lines... Sections like ball n jack, that were mentioned above are amazing, if you guys could incorporate, fast transition drops and smooth trails that would be amazing.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
T-Pro said:

Losing the MTX course would be quite disapointing...but i like the idea of using the skidder slope for DJ/Slalom....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Msisle Dad said:
Losing the MTX course would be quite disapointing...but i like the idea of using the skidder slope for DJ/Slalom....
totally, hopefully they will use it next year for monster park again...

The skidder slope would be a great atmosphere, cant you picture everyone just chilling up there after the slopes close jamming.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
totally, hopefully they will use it next year for monster park again...

The skidder slope would be a great atmosphere, cant you picture everyone just chilling up there after the slopes close jamming.

Hopefully it'll stay open until the Shop closes.

Pleeeeeese!!!

Mike

Sep 30, 2004
Arlington VA
You guys really steped it up this year!The course for Mayhem was
the best one yet,adding Lewis' Rock was perfect.Powerline is great
fun,as are all the new trails.Most sport riders seemed happy to share
the pro course for a change.Seems to make sense,less marshalls needed.Decent cash payout to experts,much appreciated!
Looking forward to next season,
Thanks,Don L.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
RepoDemoRider said:
You guys really steped it up this year!The course for Mayhem was
the best one yet,adding Lewis' Rock was perfect.Powerline is great
fun,as are all the new trails.Most sport riders seemed happy to share
the pro course for a change.Seems to make sense,less marshalls needed.Decent cash payout to experts,much appreciated!
Looking forward to next season,
Thanks,Don L.
:thumb:

Same thing here, i am foaming at the mouth for next season, damn snow :dead:

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
will a better map be in store for next season? that was a total mess. i like what i hear. i think i'm going for a season pass next year, maybe a full year pass.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
They weren't Tiva's they were Chaco's... They are some of the highest quality Jesus boots you can buy!