Quantcast

Paging wood-dog

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Hey did you ever get any springs for your shiver? I just picked up a 2005 shiver last night and will probably need the heavier springs. Let me know.

Dennis

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Hey Dennis, how the heck are ya? I hate to tell you this but I already have someting worked out with someone else regarding the springs! But if it happens to fall through, I will be more then happy to trade springs out with you. So you moved up to some Shivers too eh, you dog? How do you like them so far? What did you pay? Are they on your ride yet?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
denjen said:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139414

Got this. $500 for a basicly brand new shiver. Just paid for it last night probably wont be here till next week. Cant wait I have wanted a shiver since the first time I saw one.

wood-dog are you getting rid of your heavy springs? How much did you pay for your shiver?

Dartman how you been? Miss seeing all you guys.
Isn't this a great time to buy Shivers? Since they will no longer be made, everyone is trying to get rid of theirs at cheap prices so they can buy 888's!
Mine is an 04 and I paid $450 shipped this last Oct. It came with the integrated stem, 2 sets of risers and 2 sets of lower crowns, one cut and the other uncut. I was really pleased with mine so I am sure that you will be too. Plus, that all black Shiver looks soooo sweet!
At this time, I don't know what I will be doing with my springs, it all depends on how the fork feels with the stock springs in or with one heavy and one stock, but I will let you know!
Again, congrats on the fork

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Yeah let me know if you have either of the heavy springs left over once you get your bike set up the way you like it. I think I get away with one stock and one heavy spring and raise the oil level a little.
Also let me know what you do with yours as far as setting it up would like to compare notes.

Dennis

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
What do you mean "setting it up"? Are you refering to the compression, rebound and oil weight? I guess it dosent matter becasue I will be more then happy to help you out with the fork, just let me know when you get it in and we will take it from there. We can always meet earlier some night before an urban

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
What do you mean "setting it up"? Are you refering to the compression, rebound and oil weight? I guess it dosent matter becasue I will be more then happy to help you out with the fork, just let me know when you get it in and we will take it from there. We can always meet earlier some night before an urban
Just want to compare notes I guess. My first big fork was a monster T. I think getting the shiver set up should be about the same as the monster.

Dennis

hurlykid6900

Chimp
Oct 23, 2005
C-Ville Rep yo
Hey wood dog, tell me when you guys plan to ride urban, lookin to get some time on that steelhead. you found anything new and fun to ride that I havent seen?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
hurlykid6900 said:
Hey wood dog, tell me when you guys plan to ride urban, lookin to get some time on that steelhead. you found anything new and fun to ride that I havent seen?
Tomorrow, noon, Richmond.

Meet at Belle Island Parking Lot.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
ridetoofast said:
dennis
do you still have any of your DHi parts round?
i still need a dog bone
I will check but I am pretty sure there is an extra in the pile of DHi parts that I have. Let me know how you want to get it.

Dennis