Quantcast

Paint Colour Codes for the monster green IH sunday world cups

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Im looking for the paint codes for the green on these frames

I emailed Ironhorse a load of times during their demise last year but got no response.

Anyone able to help me?

Cheers
Rich

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
its an anti-freeze green. Ive had a few BMX bikes thats color yearsss ago. Ive also had a custom BMX frame painted Tangelo Pearl Orange... ughhh I miss that bike!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Rich - how's it going?

So, the color you're looking at was referred to as "Monster Green" by I.H. back in the day, but this is not the actual color name as used by the painting facilities. It is not a solid color, but actually a two-part iridescent metalflake. To achieve this color, a green clear coat is sprayed over a silver metalflake base. I know this because when I used to help out I.H., I spoke on several occasions with LeeAnne at Class Act Paint and Powder in Portland, Oregon - this was one of the shops that handled paint for production Sundays.

Give Class Act P&P a call and ask for her - she should be able to get you sorted out.

http://www.classactpp.com/index.php

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
What tha...? Really?:think:

Well, I guess there's more than one way to get Monster Green. LeeAnne was telling me they did it with a green clear over a silver flake base coat but this wasn't the only place that painted Sundays.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
What tha...? Really?:think:

Well, I guess there's more than one way to get Monster Green. LeeAnne was telling me they did it with a green clear over a silver flake base coat but this wasn't the only place that painted Sundays.
Well those codes are from Class Act.

and that's where I had mine painted...

alfonz

Chimp
Jan 28, 2008
NYC
bummer they stopped making these bikes, to this day i am yet to feel anything as good as the sunday!

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Im glad a bought a few frames before IH went all belly up, but I really wish repainting the frames wasn't so pricey.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Well those codes are from Class Act.

and that's where I had mine painted...
Wow... I must have had a brain lock on that one. I thougth for sure it was green clear as the top coat, but now that I think about the yellow - I actually DO remember having this conversation with LeeAnne. She said the use of the yellow pigment didn't translate well into an ano color and this was the reason Sammys bike was that odd yellowish/gold color at the Ft. bill race back in 05.

Yep - I do miss the Sunday. Great bike!

Last edited:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Wow... I must have had a brain lock on that one. I thougth for sure it was green clear as the top coat, but now that I think about the yellow - I actually DO remember having this conversation with LeeAnne. She said the use of the yellow pigment didn't translate well into an ano color and this was the reason Sammys bike was that odd yellowish/gold color at the Ft. bill race back in 05.

Yep - I do miss the Sunday. Great bike!
doesn't really matter now anyway...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Well - of course!

I was just connecting the dots in my head out loud remembering the part about the yellow. As far as the paint is concerned, it IS pretty interesting how they get green from a yellow clear coat - kinda cool. Additionally - if they managed to get the Monster Green ano to work - that would be pretty cool to see as well.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Well - of course!

I was just connecting the dots in my head out loud remembering the part about the yellow. As far as the paint is concerned, it IS pretty interesting how they get green from a yellow clear coat - kinda cool. Additionally - if they managed to get the Monster Green ano to work - that would be pretty cool to see as well.
Who knows - maybe you are right about the green powder. Considering my dealings with LeeAnn, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't know he greens from her yellows.

Last frame I had PC'd cost me 75 bucks, but that was in SC where everything is cheaper.
PCing is pretty inexpensive for base colors (if they have it in stock). I once called a reputable PC around here (Maas Brothers) to get a quote for the Monster Green colors I mentioned earlier. It was VERY expensive since they didn't have the powders in stock, I would have required them to order small batches of each. I remember that alone was pretty expensive an there was some up charge of over $100 for each color. Plus the dual coat process was also expensive.

I think all in all it was going to be a $300 + job. F'that! I mean it's a flippin' MTB not an exotic show car.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
PCing is pretty inexpensive for base colors (if they have it in stock). I once called a reputable PC around here (Maas Brothers) to get a quote for the Monster Green colors I mentioned earlier. It was VERY expensive since they didn't have the powders in stock, I would have required them to order small batches of each. I remember that alone was pretty expensive an there was some up charge of over $100 for each color. Plus the dual coat process was also expensive.

I think all in all it was going to be a $300 + job. F'that! I mean it's a flippin' MTB not an exotic show car.
THIS from YOU about the Sunday?!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Who are you and what have you done with Acadian?

:D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
THIS from YOU about the Sunday?!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Who are you and what have you done with Acadian?

:D
that's because I was offered a complimentary paint job - otherwise my bike would still have it's "chipped to hell" paint job.

nowadays I get my bikes raw...don't care about fancy paint jobs anymore.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Coming from the man who used to have the most pimped out rides!

Ride it like a ten bit.........
I still like my bikes to be pimped out, but now I care more about function than looks.

Performance, durability and low/easy maintenance is my priority regardless of color or looks.

but then again - any color looks good on a raw fame :thumb: