Quantcast

Paintball

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
PM ciarin. He likes to tussle around in silly outfits and act like he's in some kind of war.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MancilG said:
Anyone here play paintball?

I just bought this:

Its a Kingman Spyder Pilot ACS shoot 20bps

Sweet
I used to manage a shop.

Spyders don't really get over about 7 BPS with that stiff as hell 250g switch. Now if you want fast....hows about 17 over the chrono with this:

And just for good measure...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MancilG said:
20bps is what they claim on their site. I'm new to PB, I'm really only getting into it becuase alot of people from work do it and it sounds like fun.
That's what they told you about "the soggy biscuit" too and you didnt like how that turned out, now did you?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
MancilG said:
20bps is what they claim on their site. I'm new to PB, I'm really only getting into it becuase alot of people from work do it and it sounds like fun.

The electronic board in the marker is capped at 20 pulls per second. The trigger switch is 250 grams, which is incredibly heavy. You can find 50 gram switches online that will speed up the marker quite a bit.

Its a hell of a good time playing out there, but it can be quite an expensive hobby. I had a great time with it....just don't have the time now.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I used to play in the junkyards by my old place in San Diego. Tons of fun. Damn things leave nasty welts too. I have too many expensive hobbies as it is though.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
A 6" shot to the back of the head sent me to the ER for a concussion.

Still a buttload of fun though.
And who took you there and spent the night? ;)

No offense to my wonderful boyfriend :love: , but I still don't understand the thrill of this sport. I'll hurl myself off a ledge on a bike any day, but getting shot and covered in welts just doesn't do it for me

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Cool. Paintball is pretty fun. I shoot an angel (but rob's is nicer). Just make sure you play at a decent field. Woodsball style fields get very boring very fast.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
robdamanii said:
Which model angel?
Black A4 with Arsenal board. I will have pictures up in a bit. It is getting HK'd soon. It's the best gun I have ever owned (my emag may have been comparable but no where near as nice looking). And your mag is sick.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
I have a cheap PMI but paintball is a blast. It makes video games obsolete. I personally like woodland 'balling, if you get enough guys and you arent lazy it can be a lot of fun. We usually Chrono the guns at about 310 for the woods so you can play a little longball but if you build the field right it is a blast.

and bluebug those arent welts.....they are badges of honor!!!:rolleyes:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i like going but if you own your own gun and are serious about it i won't play with you.

i have fun going with freinds and renting guns where there's a more even playing field. It get old real fast when players just hunker down behind objects with a super accurate gun. Nobody moves that much and it just becomes a bunch of stupid mexican standoffs. No real stealth tactics, just run fast to a good position and blast. BORING!

It's real fun with the forest the way they are out here too. Massive opportunities to stealth if you're not afraid of getting muddy.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Skookum said:
i like going but if you own your own gun and are serious about it i won't play with you.

i have fun going with freinds and renting guns where there's a more even playing field. It get old real fast when players just hunker down behind objects with a super accurate gun. Nobody moves that much and it just becomes a bunch of stupid mexican standoffs. No real stealth tactics, just run fast to a good position and blast. BORING!

It's real fun with the forest the way they are out here too. Massive opportunities to stealth if you're not afraid of getting muddy.

Amen, I agree for sure, I have a crappy old gun and I enjoy the occasional game, but the damn balls are expensive

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Skookum said:

Well in my experience it's not like that at all. Playing with guys who are experienced is a lot more fun. Playing in the woods there are usually a bunch of kids who never move and just try and shoot people from 1 spot. The experienced players are those running and making moves.

And your spyder could be just as accurate as my angel. It's about having a barrel that properly matches the bore of your paint. And even then paintballs are some of the most innacurate projectiles around.