Quantcast

Pale Ale Anyone?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My local brewpub has been serving me their new India Pale Ale for the last week...a rough & ready 9%ABV. According to my wife, I was mumbling something in my sleep about "Tico's Tree" after falling into a post-happy hour slumber last Tuesday. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
My local brewpub has been serving me their new India Pale Ale for the last week...a rough & ready 9%ABV. According to my wife, I was mumbling something in my sleep about "Tico's Tree" after falling into a post-happy hour slumber last Tuesday. :D
Hey - let's not get pales and IPAs all mixed up. ;)

If you want IPA recommendations I could go on and on........

BTW - what IPA were you drinking? Was it an "Imperial" or "Double" IPA of some sort? Decent distribution? I might have to try some...... :drool:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
I got it from here ====> http://www.barleyandhops.net/

It's called 'Lust for Lapulin' and is only available locally on draft or in growlers. They usually have a cask conditioned brew available, too.
Hey! It's just off I-70. I-70 is only about 15 minutes from my house. How much further could it be?? :D

We have a brewpub downtown called the Bull-n-Bush that does the same thing - growlers or tap only. And cask conditioned IPA if I'm lucky. They have a "double" IPA they call "Man Beer" that is reeeeeeal nice. :thumb:

-S.S.-

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
and is only available locally on draft or in growlers
that does the same thing - growlers or tap only
A very good trend. Seems like no matter where you are, as long as there's a decent sized population, you can get decent local microbrew. Last month, when I was up in N. Conway, NH they had a decent local Pale Ale on draft....Tuckerman's Pale Ale. :thumb:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
SkaredShtles said:
I'll second a vote for Sierra Nevada. That stuff is pretty yummy. Too bitter for some, but what can I say - I'm a bitter guy. :D

-S.S.-
It ain't bad, but I still love Cooper's, fell in love with the stuff while in Australia. Went perfectly with a curry lunch.

Mmmm, can't wait until I'm 21 and can get away with buying beer more often.

The Ito