Quantcast

Palin has no business being a VP candidate

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
All of the best intentions are worthless if you cannot get elected. If you are concerned about "best interests" of the nation, you better be very concerned about the Empty-Suit of Barry O.
I am concerned about Obama and his lack of experience/substance. Im also concerned about McCain's sudden change of philosophy and the marginally attractive piece of ass he's trying to pass off as a legitimate VP candidate. It's a joke and anyone trying to be a little objective can see that. As an "undecided" this choice does nothing to inspire my confidence in the GOP.

A little Gooooogling does wonders ....
So... you indeed don't know any more than the rest of us. That's what I thought.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Quit picking lawyers as the people we want to be in charge of making and managing our laws?

Let's quit picking doctors as surgeon generals too.
as a rule, governors make better executors, mostly b/c those terms are synonymous

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
...and the marginally attractive piece of ass he's trying to pass off as a legitimate VP candidate.
Again, while the Big $$ women are on the left, hard to argue the women on the right are more attractive. :cupidarrow:

Gender aside, looking only at the resume, a Mayor and a Governor is much more experience that a Community Organizer and a first term Senator. But he may catch up, experience-wise, if you count his efforts running his campaign (which someone else actually does).

So... you indeed don't know any more than the rest of us....
I don't need to have Joe Biden in my face for 36 years to realize that he is a blow hard. I could have figured that out in just a few days. BTW, great line last night that Sarah got more votes running for mayor that Joe got for running for POTUS.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Again, while the Big $$ women are on the left, hard to argue the women on the right are more attractive. :cupidarrow:

Gender aside, looking only at the resume, a Mayor and a Governor is much more experience that a Community Organizer and a first term Senator. But he may catch up, experience-wise, if you count his efforts running his campaign (which someone else actually does).

I don't need to have Joe Biden in my face for 36 years to realize that he is a blow hard. I could have figured that out in just a few days. BTW, great line last night that Sarah got more votes running for mayor that Joe got for running for POTUS.
Obviously you're not capable or willing to have an individual thought or conversation, so Im not going to keep responding to you. You don't know the first thing about this woman, yet you blindly support her by responding with what appear to be bulleted talking points. Must be an easy life having all your decisions made for you.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Gender aside, looking only at the resume, a Mayor and a Governor is much more experience that a Community Organizer and a first term Senator. But he may catch up, experience-wise, if you count his efforts running his campaign (which someone else actually does). BTW great line last night that Sarah got more votes running for mayor that Joe got for running for POTUS.
Her speech was nothing more than a feminized regurgitation of talking points,
cheap shot jokes, platitudes and pontifications.

Based on your examples above, Sarah Palin also has more executive experience then John McCain...she has been a mayor and a governor, what has he ever done executive branch wise? After all, he has only been a legislator. Why isnt she the POTUS candidate?

Lets move past the Sarah v. Obama thing...he is running for POTUS, she VPOTUS, uhhmmkay?
It is Obama/Biden v. McCain/Palin. Go ahead and compare based on the office each is seeking v. their opponent;.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Bay of Pigs doesn't make the cut?
NASA and the race to the moon. Outside of the Manhattan Project (which obviously is contentious) it is the greatest government-sponsored technical achievement of the 20th century and responsible via trickle-down for a good portion of American technology leadership in the late 20th century.

edit: I should add, that at this stage (50 years later) I believe NASA has outgrown it's usefulness or at least it's original mission, and I'd like it to privatize and/or restart with a new mission. But that doesn't detract from what they did in the 60s, founded and inspired by JFK's leadership.

Last edited:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Obviously you're not capable or willing to have an individual thought or conversation
I'm all for individual thought or conversation.

For all of my dim-wittedness, all I know is that the empty-suit (BO) and his associations (Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, Rev. Wright, George Soros), scare the daylights out of me.:nopity:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

Based on your examples above, Sarah Palin also has more executive experience then John McCain...she has been a mayor and a governor, what has he ever done executive branch wise? After all, he has only been a legislator. Why isnt she the POTUS candidate?

Lets move past the Sarah v. Obama thing...he is running for POTUS, she VPOTUS, uhhmmkay?
It is Obama/Biden v. McCain/Palin. Go ahead and compare based on the office each is seeking v. their opponent;.
Nicely put. :cheers:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

For all of my dim-wittedness, all I know is that the empty-suit (BO) and his associations (Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, Rev. Wright, George Soros), scare the daylights out of me.:nopity:
2 words:

Dick Cheney

You have lived here the last 8 years, right?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN

But the last 8 years of incompetence (not to mention this admin's "associations"), and now a candidate who has revised his beliefs to match the status quo don't frighten you at all? And you're fine with a nobody who never did anything (who you admit was only picked to help him win the election) backing him up?

Last edited:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
But the last 8 years of incompetence (not to mention this admin's "associations)
And that is based on what? Yea, public opinion of the Prez is low. Almost as low as that of congress. As for incompetent, going on the offensive WRT terrorism is the best thing for the long term safety and viability of this nation.
In case you forget, there are a bunch of lunatics in (among other places) the middle east, that want to kill you, and me, and everyone else in the non-Muslim world. Not sure where you stood during the Clinton years, but he did a fine job of ignoring the threat. At least W is willing to fight this, not trying to "get along with" or "understand" them.

And you're fine with a nobody who never did anything....
A nobody? Did nothing? I'd rather have a "nobody" who is capable, than a "celebrity" who could not find his way out of a paper bag without a teleprompter.:happydance:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Your mouth must be in serious pain right now.

You bit into that Republican BS hook, line and sinker.

Do you really believe all of their terrorism scare tactics? Dear lord. Do you really think invading sovereign nations will make the US stronger and safer in the world at large? If you do, you understand nothing about foreign relations and are borderline delusional.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
And what specifically in her "cheap shots" was untrue?

I wouldn't mind reversing the ticket, but hey, I can wait for '12:rockout:

As for McCain's experience, he did have a Naval command prior to going into politics.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
So DC wanted to bomb America? DC talks about G-Damn America? DC in prison for fraud and corruption? DC making his billions on the backs of the "little people" with currency speculation? Maybe in your dreams.:monkeydance:
Just wait.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

As for McCain's experience, he did have a Naval command prior to going into politics.
Fact Checking of Palin's speech here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/04/politics/animal/main4414049.shtml

Naval command does not equal executive experience for running an entire friggin' country. Great news if he has to personally conduct WW3 though, which he won't, as that is what his cabinet and generals/admirals are for. Hell, he doesn't even get to declare war. What world do you live in?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

I wouldn't mind reversing the ticket, but hey, I can wait for '12:rockout:

Campaign speech cheap shots at Obama about her being a governor, him being a "community organizer", he beign an insider, her being an outsider. Innuendo about her having a great American family and him not...do I need to go through the whole thing? None of this crap is ever provable, they are simply generalizations designed to whip simple minded fools into a frenzy against the black man cominmg to take away all your freedoms...

McCains command record was spotty, he wasnt exactly like his Dad or Grandfather. And military command is not an elected position, Einstein.

After November Sarah Palin will probably fade back into Alaska politics, serve out her term as governor and return to Wasilla. After that she will probably find work as a lobbyist for one of the oil companies. Or Planned Parenthood. :lighten:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Never quote Navy leadership resumes with Navy veterans...

Timberg described McCain's advancement: "in the fall of 1974, McCain was transferred to Jacksonville as the executive officer of Replacement Air Group 174, the long-sought flying billet at last a reality. A few months later, he assumed command of the RAG, which trained pilots and crews for carrier deployments. The assignment was controversial, some calling it favoritism, a sop to the famous son of a famous father and grandfather, since he had not first commanded a squadron, the usual career path."
Article from a VETERANS group

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Your mouth must be in serious pain right now.

You bit into that Republican BS hook, line and sinker.
I guess that beats suffocating from burying my head in the sand.:lighten:

Do you really believe all of their terrorism scare tactics?
Were you alive on Sept 11, 2001?

Do you really think invading sovereign nations will make the US stronger and safer in the world at large?
Yes, if that country allows terrorist training camps. Yes, if that country continues to make threats to our friends. Yes, if that country continued to break U.N. Resolutions.