Quantcast

Palin's an Idiot Thread

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Please, can someone tell me why she's considered the new star of the Republican party? Aside from rote memorization of party talking points, I've yet to see any of the substance typically shown by party members.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Please, can someone tell me why she's considered the new star of the Republican party? Aside from rote memorization of party talking points, I've yet to see any of the substance typically shown by party members.
1. She's hot
2. She's a Maverick!
3. She's an "outsider"

I didn't know any of the GOP members had substance?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
1. She's hot
2. She's a Maverick!
3. She's an "outsider"

I didn't know any of the GOP members had substance?
There was a retconning of Prez Rickard in The Sandman. In the tale, after the age requirement for President was abandoned and after he was elected at 18 to become President, running for his second term, his opponents used an actor and a football star to run against him. I'm sure the RNC was trying to counter Obama's youth and athleticism with someone pretty.

Palin passes the conservative litmus test of religion, military, 2nd amendment, and energy with flying colors; and she has been 100% in those areas.

I am sure her age was critical in the choice for VP, beyond even her sex and her appearance. Put a mental image of all the Republican presidential candidates: they are all old men.

The real problem was the vetting process behind selection. You could watch hours and hours of Alaskan coverage, but I doubt it would reveal the major flaws of her persona under the scrutiny of the national media.

Ultimately, the selection committee should have seen the signs, like the 5 undergraduate schools, as a sign that she would be a loser (btw, I liked Bobby Jindal, but Kathleen Blanco delayed his governorship by 4 years).

Seeing the scumbags like Nicole Wallace, I wonder if they thought they could mold a VP like they did with Bush.

NY Times article about selection

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree with the idea she was selected because of age, sex, looks. Not sure of the order, but the sex was clearly a quick grab at Clinton supporters.