Quantcast

Palm Item I had Sitting Around

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Been cleaning up and organizing a bunch of stuff lately and figured I'd share this w/ the DH crowd. These are a pair of Palm's SPY goggles from the 1997 (ish) NORBA at 7 Springs. He had a bad run in the finals, got pissed and chucked his goggles into the crowd. My 10 year old little brother ran over and grabbed them. After a bit he walked over to the bus and asked if Shaun would sign them, one of the guys on the bus said 'I don't know he's pretty angry right now', but took them in...Shaun ended up signing them w/ his name and 'Loser'...They have been stored away pretty much since and figured I'd give them a little light.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I wonder if that was the same year at Seven Springs when Palmer walked down the slalom course once with no practice and then went and qualified first against a loaded field. Then he got knocked out by the 32 seeded Eric Pinson. At the bottom he took his helmet off and broke it over his knee. This was also the race Tomac was racing slalom as well. Great memories from there.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Was there for slalom in 1996 or 1997 I think. Remember Jay Dejesus doing well. Also remember seeing Lopes riding DH. Had my first ride on a zzyzx, saw my first marz fork in person and gt lobo.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Was there for slalom in 1996 or 1997 I think. Remember Jay Dejesus doing well. Also remember seeing Lopes riding DH. Had my first ride on a zzyzx, saw my first marz fork in person and gt lobo.
I know in ‘98 they had slalom. It is mentioned here in the side bar.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I rode a chairlift once with him when he was like 14, he was razzing this guy who had a goled lamé one piece on mercilessly. it was hilarious in a juvenile way.
he then went on to be the kind of guy who wore gold lamé stuff ironically, I guess?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I rode a chairlift once with him when he was like 14, he was razzing this guy who had a goled lamé one piece on mercilessly. it was hilarious in a juvenile way.
he then went on to be the kind of guy who wore gold lamé stuff ironically, I guess?
Um, don't think there were bike parks when he was 14...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
anyone else miss the tantrums from the 90s/00s racing?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Alright thanks.
Over the worst now I think.
Tight chest isn't completely gone yet but all other symptoms are mild now.
Not a zombie? Disappoint!

Good to hear you are on the mend.