Quantcast

Palm Springs?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm going there w/ my gf in 2 weeks for a weekend stay. I heard there is a bike/skate park there... can anyone confirm or provide more info? Google wasn't exactly useful.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I did this trail called the Goat Trails. It was waaaaay HOT and should have started much earlier in the morning. Check out mountainbikebill.com for more details.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
there is a bike/skate park there , but it's not what you think . the city made part of a park for bike/skate in a little area for the neighborhood punks to hang out in. it's warming up out here pretty quick so only look to ride in the a.m. the goat trails are ok, but there is better riding out here than that.what kind of riding are you looking for ?

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
i went to the skate park which is in desert hot springs, i thought it was pretty fun but it was my first time riding park, if you have nothin better to do check it out

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
by the way the one in desert hot springs was made specifically for bikes, its supposed to be bikes only but the ratty little kids who live around there bring skateboards in anyway

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
the town is ghetto, the park is in the middle of it, but i thought it was a really fun park, i didnt have trouble with anybody there when i went, but there are some really little and annoying hood rats who hang out at the park, other than that i thougth it was really fun

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the town is ghetto, the park is in the middle of it, but i thought it was a really fun park, i didnt have trouble with anybody there when i went, but there are some really little and annoying hood rats who hang out at the park, other than that i thougth it was really fun
again, define your version of "ghetto". Are we talking people smoking crack on street corners, driveby shootings occuring regularly? Daily muggings in broad daylight?

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
again, define your version of "ghetto". Are we talking people smoking crack on street corners, driveby shootings occuring regularly? Daily muggings in broad daylight?
all of this stuff does happen in dhs, but i wouldn't worry. just go there ride and get out . you should be fine, if you don't like the looks of it when you drive into dhs don't stop there then and just go hit up the bike park in palm springs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thanks for the clarification. That's true ghetto. Most of the people I work with refer to things as 'ghetto', but their definition of ghetto is basically anything that isn't sterile white suburbia.

haha random bmx/crack related story... I went to college in Rochester, NY. One night I was riding street by myself downtown and some crazy guy approached me... "hey maaaaan can I get fiiiihhhvvv dolla? I'm juss tryin' to get me some rocks" :rofl: