Quantcast

Palm Sync and Vista 64

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I need a solution for being able to sync my phone (Treo 650) With Win Vista 64 bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3rd party options are ok as well. Has anyone run into this issue by chance?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well through a bunch of searches and it would seem that this is not going to be an easy process. I mean how the hell can SO many products be out there to have a company say, Nope we don't do that.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Send Palm's customer service a nasty email. If enough people do it, it might kick someone into gear. I don't know how ANY decent sized hardware company can choose to not support a 64-bit OS, considering every new CPU being sold now is 64 bit and the universal migration to a 64 bit OS is inevitable.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Based on the research I had done, this is one of the oddities insofar as migration, especially from a larger company. It seems the folks who write the software were purchased, acquired, taken over, or whatever vernacular you'd like to use, is a company called Access. It seem they have just about 6 months or so ago developed the Palm OS Sync'ing software for Vista x86

Like you said, weird, and with all of the Palm Treo owners out there, you'd think enough complaints would have already been made. Another commentary I had seen was the one where some software and hardware manufacturers figure if they don't write the drivers, Vista will simply disappear. Now while this sounds absolutely appealing, it ain't gonna happen.

OK, time for beer. :thumb: