Quantcast

Palmdale Jumps?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So work sends me out out the Palmdale facility to fix the dang computers. I'm driving along looking around and lo and behold I see some jumps out in a field. Couldn't be, thought I. But after stopping an taking a closer look I have found some jumps right by work. I only get up there about once a month but from now on I am taking my bike every time I do.

Is anyone familiar with them? Palmdale, Avenue S?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
It kind of looks like the "U," which is a pretty popular jumping spot in Palmdale. However, it looks like the jumps haven't been maintained in a while. If anyone has ever been to Palmdale, you know that it's not the best dirt for building jumps...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
AN6 Freerider said:
can we say sand..... is that over by LACR.. ave s and pearlblossom???
The ground was actually fairly solid. I took my bike and rode around and it was OK. Nothing great but as a place I can go to ride at lunch it rocks.

Yup... On ave s not too far from pearblossom. I don't know what LACR is.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Trying to DJ in the High Desert generally sucks unless you can go one of the 7 days during the year when the wind isn't blowing 40 miles per hour. It looks like someone did a lot of work building those jumps though. On that note I'm sure glad I'm not working out there anymore.