Quantcast

Palo Duro Canyon DH Race November 7th

Edster1000

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Amarillo
There is going to be a race in Palo Duro Canyon on November 7th. I saw the new trail for the race yesterday, and it is going to be one of the most technical trails in the canyon. I cant wait to ride it!!! We will be doing practice runs all day on the 6th, camping in the canyon saturdau night, and then the race will be the following day. For more info call Hills Sport Shop in Amarillo. Its gonna be a great race!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Edster1000 said:
There is going to be a race in Palo Duro Canyon on November 7th. I saw the new trail for the race yesterday, and it is going to be one of the most technical trails in the canyon. I cant wait to ride it!!! We will be doing practice runs all day on the 6th, camping in the canyon saturdau night, and then the race will be the following day. For more info call Hills Sport Shop in Amarillo. Its gonna be a great race!

where is the dh trail?
near the old one?

Edster1000

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Amarillo
hey alex,
The new trail starts to the right of the Ghetto at the top, goes along the canyon wall, and then it drops down in to the churamba, with a new double, and ladder bridger. I didnt get to ride it yesterday, but ben and trip did and they said it was fun. I thought that it looked fun, a long part of it is really off camber. Are you going to come down for the race?

Edster1000

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Amarillo
you should come. I dont know about the trail day thing, i think there is going to be a XC race that weekend too. the churamba is a trail that ben and trip made, it goes right before the tripping rock

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Edster1000 said:
Krause!! you bettter come too. It just wouldnt be the same without big red. ha John gets his new v 10 today, what a little terd

i bet it is red!

lol

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Do you have any pics of the new course, i saw that u put in a new rock garden that Adam got ****ed up on it looked like, but anything else really new... I wanna ride it when i get home

Edster1000

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Amarillo
I dont have any pics of it right now. I am going up to amarillo next weekend and I get alot of pics and post them up. The rock garden is brutal because it is rocks and logs, so you dont really know how it is going to be. The new trail has a ladder bridge on it that is like 6 inches wide, its cool. You just gotta see it...

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
What are the race fees? Is it sanctioned? is there a shuttle? Details - race time, Practice time? is there a Website?

Thanks

I was going to do a XC at Lake tom steed in OK but I would love to go to a race a palo duro

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Frankenschwinn said:
What are the race fees? Is it sanctioned? is there a shuttle? Details - race time, Practice time? is there a Website?

Thanks

I was going to do a XC at Lake tom steed in OK but I would love to go to a race a palo duro
no sanctioning outlaw race.
i bet 10-20 dollars for entry.
you have to ride mile to get
to the bottom where it is a
20 min hike on up. its fun to
see lines and such. but don't
look to get more than 3 runs in.

no website.

Edster1000

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
Amarillo
I forgot my digital camera, so I used a disposable camera instead. Well on my way into the store I accidentally shut my pinkie finger in my car door and broke it, then I walk in after a few moments of screaming in my car and they tell me they wont develop my pictures because it looks like the camera might have been damaged. So here I am with a broken finger, camera, and no pictures. Not to mention I needed some of the pics for an art project that was due that day.

Besides all of that the race was alot of fun, not alot of riders, but it was fun to see how I stood against ben, trip and all of the amarillo guys