Quantcast

Palos Verdes fire

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Looks like it's right at Del Cerro. I hope everyone got out of there okay. Wednesday is a popular day to ride/hike and I was heading up there myself.

Will see if I can get up there tomorrow and survey the situation.

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
I couldn't get past St. John Fisher Church..... police had the road blocked off. It is NOT looking good. I saw on the news some of the brush near single track going up in flames. Sad. I ride there often and I hope it isn't that messed up.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Bobby Peru said:
I couldn't get past St. John Fisher Church..... police had the road blocked off. It is NOT looking good. I saw on the news some of the brush near single track going up in flames. Sad. I ride there often and I hope it isn't that messed up.
It looks like everything is under control now. However, the fire did get really close to a lot of homes...

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Good news ... no trail damage. The fire was right below Del Cerro but to the west of all the good trails. Rocky Trail did get burnt but it's actually more defined now.

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
too many damn lookeyloos around there on sunday. rode the trail to the right of the parking lot, and not having to fight the phenyl plants on the singletrack was cool for once. the fire did a pretty good job of clearing brush, as the homeowners obviously didn't do their job of clearning it.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You could have roddin the single track while it was burning like in downhill domination (ps2 game) or you could just play the game. I have been playing it a lot today, its been over 100degrees.

I was thinking the fire would help the trails. If any burn't logs got in the way, they could just be easily moved or become jumps or sunts. Thats good the houses weren't burnt and the brush was cleared. Fires can be good if they don't burn buildings.