Quantcast

Pan American MTB Championship USA DH squad Announced

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Pan American MTB Championship USA DH squad Announced

An eight-person gravity contingent will also wear the Stars-and-Stripes in Chile while contesting downhill and 4-cross events. All discretionary picks, Curtis Keene (Fremont, Calif.), Heikki Hall (Durango, Colo.), Chris Van Dine (Park City, Utah), Ethan Quehl (Grayson, Ga.), Graeme Pitts (Nevada City, Calif.) and Chris Heath (Durango, Colo.) will compete in the men’s downhill event, while Kathy Pruitt (Santa Cruz, Calif.) and Rachel Bauer (Aspen, Colo.) will race women’s downhill.

Hall, Van Dine, Pruitt and Bauer will also race in their respective 4-cross competitions.

2009 Pan American Mountain Bike Championships
March 20-23
Santiago, Chile

Congrats to 2008 Jr. X National Champ Ethan Quehl for making the Team after only 2 Years of DH racing.

More on the whole USA Team here:
http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=4040

Cecil:cheers:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Just Check USACycling .org, it's really easy !!

**Elite Gravity athletes interested in being considered for a spot on the 2009 Continental Championships Team
must submit a petition to Marc Gullickson at mgullickson@usacycling.org on or before the deadline listed
below. A link to the Petition form can be found on the Mountain Bike page of the USA Cycling website.
Gravity athletes will be responsible for a “Service Fee” payable on the date outlined in this document or before.
The Service Fee for this event will be determined on February 23rd. This fee will not be greater than $500 and
will include: USA Cycling Team Uniform, UCI entry fees, food, lodging, mechanical/race support, and ground
transport upon arrival to Santiago as well as transport to and from the venue. Gravity athletes are responsible
for their own airfare and baggage.

ParkerW

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Race City USA, NC
It to bad there is any juniors on the team both Graeme and Ethan are first year pros. It's really good to see both them going but I didn't think I would be seeing ethan racing again after last season.

ParkerW

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Race City USA, NC
What do you mean? That Boy has so much drive right now to be one of USA's Top Dhers. He wants it really bad. I have been working really hard to get him the right Sponsors to help him get there.

Cecil:cheers:
Thats awesome to hear, he traveled to a lot of the races with me last year and he seemed unorganized and unfocused. Im glad he realized his potential. What sponsors did he end up getting for 2009.

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
Thats awesome to hear, he traveled to a lot of the races with me last year and he seemed unorganized and unfocused. Im glad he realized his potential. What sponsors did he end up getting for 2009.
yo parker what up! it's ethan. Check out 2wheelsfreaks.com thats my teams website we've got some really sick stuff this year, i'll just say ive got a durado! oh and im not on khs anymore im with Giant, the glory is so sick and i'm preety stoked for this year to start, i've been working on the organization thing alot lately aswell. i've been sick for a lil' while now so ive kinda slacked off on training, but ill be better soon and ready to pin it!

how are things working out for you this year!?

ParkerW

Chimp
Jun 9, 2007
Race City USA, NC
yo parker what up! it's ethan. Check out 2wheelsfreaks.com thats my teams website we've got some really sick stuff this year, i'll just say ive got a durado! oh and im not on khs anymore im with Giant, the glory is so sick and i'm preety stoked for this year to start, i've been working on the organization thing alot lately aswell. i've been sick for a lil' while now so ive kinda slacked off on training, but ill be better soon and ready to pin it!

how are things working out for you this year!?
I've been doing pretty good just got my new demo and p3. I have been training every day for a couple months now and ready to race. That giant with the durado looks sick. Is 2 wheel freaks the same team that memmalaar and yoresk are on?