Quantcast

Pantz

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I need some. I've changed a bit in size over the last year, and I think the current size may be here for a while. I'm looking for dressy enough to roll into the office, but not suit pants. I like a bit of room so I don't look like an emo kid, and boot-cuts with a minor flare are ok by me since I tend to wear skate-style shoes. Easy care, like no iron, or washing machine safe is a big plus, so is black. I kinda like some of the options on bonobos.com, but the cost is a bit high for some, and the size (33x32) I like is out of stock on others. Target has some ok options, as far as cost, but they are cut for asses hauling a few extra lbs. What do y'all like?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A while back I went to Belks for some similar pant needs. Most of the pants in between dress and casual all had expandable waist bands. When I went back a couple times later I still couldn't find anything that was made for a normal sized human, it was all for fatties.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
8 replies already and not a single "you wear pants to work?" response? Son, I am disappoint.

That said, my b-day is in 2 weeks and I have requested work pants/shirts from the parental units as I am in dire need of new threads. Much better than actually shopping/paying for it myself.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Banana Republic makes some good pantz that are in between dress and casual. right now you can get them on sale for pretty cheap as well. Just picked up 3 pairs for about $22 each. The "Boot Fit Chino" is probably just what you are looking for.

I like em bc I can wear them to work with a button down or happy hour etc with a polo or non collared shirt.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Khaki's. Buy them at an outlet store. I bought 4 pairs of khaki's and 4 polo shirts for $120 from the Van Heusen outlet.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
if you want a decent pair of jeans that fit good and will last. Gap, selvage. They are about $90.00 but for selvage denim thats cheap and they last a good bit of time too. I typically wear them for a year or two straight before retiring as secondary jeans. Just do as your supposed to with fit/care. Don't wash them for a few months of wearing, then cold rinse and lay out to dry. boom done!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Banana Republic makes some good pantz that are in between dress and casual. right now you can get them on sale for pretty cheap as well. Just picked up 3 pairs for about $22 each. The "Boot Fit Chino" is probably just what you are looking for.
Bigno!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

they usually have tons of factory 2nd carharts and other types... running various promotions with flat return fee (so I typically order a bunch of pants/shoes/etc and return the bulk of them...)

retailmenot.com for coupon codes

coupon code: AVDEC1

20% OFF Some exclusions. Ends 1/4

coupon code: EMY11

25% OFF ORDERS OF $75 or more with keycode: EMY11 through 12.31.11 or later.

coupon code: ALHOLIDAY1

25% Off $100, 30% Off $125, 35% Off $150. Ends 1/4

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ridemonkey = fashionmonkey?
more like lack thereof...

BRep has been good to me. Their stuff is usually a bit more expensive, but it's also typically of good quality and lasts forever. I find the cheaper stuff, from say Sears or Macy's Club room brand, will shrink on the first wash and never fit right again. I have since stopped buying cheap crap, and try to find something worthwhile. Levi's are the only jeans I buy, since they last a time, compared to anything else I've ever bought.