Quantcast

Paoloa Pezzo to ride for Gatorade and......

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
Specialized !!!

from cyclingnews.com

Two time Olympic mountain biking gold medalist Paola Pezzo celebrated her 35th birthday today in Milano with a birthday party and an announcement of her new team for 2004 in her quest for a third consecutive gold medal at the Athens Olympics. Paola will be sponsored by Gatorade in 2004, and in a surprise twist, la Pezzo will leave her long time technical sponsor Gary Fisher Bicycles and partner with Specialized as her bicycle, helmet and footware sponsor.

"I'm really happy that this all came together for my birthday party", exclaimed a delighted Pezzo on Thursday. "With Gatorade and Specialized, I've got great partners to support me this year and hope to return their confidence with a great performance in Athens."

Pezzo leaves this Saturday for a 10 day training camp with the Italian Olympic MTB hopefuls in Terracina, 100km south of Rome on the Lazio coastline. At the conclusion of the camp, Paola will pass by the Italian Olympic Committee's HQ in Roma for the first in a series of mandatory health checks, including blood tests

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
yeah, it does seem strange, after all they kept spinsoring her to some degree after sh retired for a bit and had a kid, now that she will race this season full time, she kinda owes them don't ya think ??

anyways it would be so cool to see her tke another Olympic title !

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Nice to see that she is riding again.It was to bad,when she stopped riding for Gary Fisher.

I am a big fan of her..

:cool:
I am even on a photo with her..Back in 98 in Houffalize..
:evil:

In that days i had a GF Yoshua Zo bike myself.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm a fan of hers too!!!

I wish her the best of luck and maybe I'll see her out racing someday!!!

X-rider

Chimp
Jan 3, 2004
NE. Ohio
It's nice to see her back. It's going to look strange to see her on something other than her Sugar. I bet she will still kick ass though! Anyone know what model Specy she will be on?

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
epic maybe...?
woot specialized...