Quantcast

Paralyzed Man Dances With Wife for First Time

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm pretty far along. I walk, ride a bike, play a bass, go to work, drive a car. My left leg is still pretty stiff and weak, but getting better. My left arm won't let me lift it straight out, yet. The worst of it is having to pee instantly at random times. I can generally plan around that by maping out what I drink and when. For the most part, people generally don't notice the remaining signs of my injury. I'm pretty stoked.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
I'm pretty far along. I walk, ride a bike, play a bass, go to work, drive a car. My left leg is still pretty stiff and weak, but getting better. My left arm won't let me lift it straight out, yet. The worst of it is having to pee instantly at random times. I can generally plan around that by maping out what I drink and when. For the most part, people generally don't notice the remaining signs of my injury. I'm pretty stoked.
thats pretty sick man aside from the pee thing, id say thats pretty damn close to back to 100%

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It is pretty good.

I emailed the guy in the news story. His gym is not far from me, close to my hometown. I want to volunteer some time. Maybe he needs a finance/accounting guy full-time :)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Btw, my recovery is a good example of good insurance and a good paying job that will hold a position for you if you have to go on an extended medical leave. It has been in the thousands for all my treatments, but yet to go into the tens or hundreds of thousands, though my insurance company has paid out close to $1 million. Get a job with good insurance, particularly if you go big. Train hard, and get in good shape so recovery will come faster and easier. If you can't afford good insurance (or your job doesn't provide it), then buy traveler's insurance when you go on big trips to places like Whistler. Also, wear a neck-guard.