Quantcast

ParentMonkey: Baby coming! What should I look forward to?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
For new dad's, here's an idea for mom's day for your wife. Make a mom's day card on construction paper and with kid's paint -- non-toxic, washable -- sign it with an imprint of your new baby's hand, feet, butt, whatever :)
*scribbling this down on a piece of paper*

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
For new dad's, here's an idea for mom's day for your wife. Make a mom's day card on construction paper and with kid's paint -- non-toxic, washable -- sign it with an imprint of your new baby's hand, feet, butt, whatever :)
Good idea :lighten: I think I'll do a butt print considering i got crapped on the other night. Twice :redface:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Oh Jesus. Now it's arts and crafts projects?

What's next?

"Ridemonkey Scrapbooking 101 With LordOpie"

:disgust1:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
What's next?

"Ridemonkey Scrapbooking 101 With LordOpie"
these events are called "crops". she's going to a crop while i check out trek/gf demo days here. genesis 2.0 for father's day?

win/win

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Kids are both the greatest joy and the greatest frustration you will ever experience in life, and frequently at the same time.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
btw -

Best advice I can give for new dads:

Be the dad. Don't try to be the mom. Heavy stuff will still need to be lifted, lawns will still need to be mowed, etc. Keep the house clean and the mom fed and well hydrated and everything will go smooth.

No, you don't have to clean every inch of the house, you just need to make sure it gets done. You should call for help if you need it, not mom. Make sure she doesn't have to stress about it. Delegate so she doesn't have to.

Most importantly, if you don't sport a beard, SHAVE. Babies hate scratchy faces.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Let me reiterate.

All my kids (when newborn) loved to be tickled by the stubble.

You guys are dense. Maybe it's due to lack of sleep? :disgust1:
You must have some rubbery soft stubble, cause my kid acts like I'm attacking him with a belt sander.