Quantcast

Paris Mountain Super D/Enduro Weekend Nov. 17 & 18 2012

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
Drat, I live right in the area but that's the time that I'm taking off from work for holidays and plan to travel abroad.

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
To Paris?

Cecil:thumb:
Undecided, although my mother suggested Istanbul and I might spring for that. Deutschland is too kind and dark that time of year, I'd like to revisit Cape Town but she doesn't want an 18h flight. Last year when I went, I wish I coulda taken my bike!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Pump track event just got a lot cooler. Gateway park is looking sweet and riding fast! Just needs some moisture to firm up the new additions.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Might have to make a trip back down to the dirty south for a solid race weekend. Add a day or two of riding in pisgah and that could be a solid riding trip. Forgive my lack of memory, is there any camping near Paris?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Might have to make a trip back down to the dirty south for a solid race weekend. Add a day or two of riding in pisgah and that could be a solid riding trip. Forgive my lack of memory, is there any camping near Paris?
There is camping in the Park at Paris. You may want to call them and lock in a spot now. It will be good to see you back down our way again...

Cecil

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
Is this something that is going to sell out? I want to race, but not sure if I will be able to until closer to the time.

Ryan
Not sure. Registration has been open for a week. I have 23 registered for the Super D and 22 registered for the Enduro. Rider cap is set at 100.

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I would like to say a big thanks to some of the Product Sponsors for this Years Race:

Transition Bikes (With a Thunderbird Frame Set)
Loaded USA (Bars and some other Goodies)
ODI (Grips and Goodies)
Smith Optics ( Glasses and Goodies)
MRP (2013 Chain Guides)
Fly Racing (Goodies)

Still waiting on 2 more to join the group. We will know soon.

Cecil:thumb:

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
:ph34r:

Did I tell you about that time me and a buddy drove to Daytona just for a 100 yard bicycle sprint at Daytona Speedway put on by a radio station for a motorcycle? Good Story.

Last edited:

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
I saw the Super-D map and elevation profile on the Cranksgiving website, can anyone confirm what trail the Super-D is run on? From what I saw at last year's DH race the map looks like the Super-D will run on the new Sulphur Springs reroute trail. I haven't made it back to Paris since last year, but form the topo it looks like the Super-D route has some really nice drop.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I saw the Super-D map and elevation profile on the Cranksgiving website, can anyone confirm what trail the Super-D is run on? From what I saw at last year's DH race the map looks like the Super-D will run on the new Sulphur Springs reroute trail. I haven't made it back to Paris since last year, but form the topo it looks like the Super-D route has some really nice drop.

I think it's sulphur springs all the way to the ampitheater near the entrance of the park. You've ridden it with me I'm pretty sure. Should be a fun route, bring your legs.

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
36 Hours left to get in on the Early Bird Registration. Then the price goes to $45 per event $80 for both.

We thank everyone that has registered and will be registering for the events.

As a show of our gratitude we have and will enter all registered participants into the raffle for the 2012 TransAm Frame donated by our Gracious Sponsor TRANSITION BIKES. Thanks TRANSITION! WE will find her a good home.
IMG_0992.JPG

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So, has anyone posted the routes for the Enduro? I've ridden that place one time and would like to get a little more familiar with the whooptie doo trails of death and mayhem.