Quantcast

Paris Mt DH and Super D race canceled

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
What a bunch of fuggin' cry babies. holy sh!t

if anyone is to blame for the Race not happening it's Me... and UpstateSORBA club for their inability to get their sh*t together(which has been an ongoing challenge for the past 3 years).

i guess all clubs go through it, and hopefully we'll get our sh!t together, but as stands there is a conflict of what is club's focus... Advocacy... getting more people into the sport... the one question that always gets raised is "why are we doing a DH race?"

After, paying the State Park Permits, Park Shelter Rentals 9yeah we had to rent all of the shelters because we used them for parking, Insurance, Cash Payouts, Timing, vehicles, I Agree with Profo. last year we did too much sh*t: DJ, T-shirts, trophies, food... and we don't need all of that for a good race... We lost at least 20+ riders because it was the same weekend as the Collegiate Nats. and we barely made anything...

couple of things the club looked at.

1.) are we getting members from this event? Nope more than 2/3 of all the riders were not from the upstate of SC
2.) do we have enough people helping with the planning for this event along with meeting the Park's requirement doing trail work to prepare for the event. Nope
3.) is the club making any money? Nope
4.) money's tight. nobody want's to give especially 3 months out.
5.) Again this year the only weekend the Park gave us is the same as the Collegiate Nats Yep
6.) does reality suck? hell yeah it does

This year we've had a bunch of people say " yeah i'll help" and not a fuggin' thing has been done by anyone except for Cecil.

Cecil and i did 90% of the work in planning and execution of the two races

Last year for me i had major health issue w/ 10 surgeries (in a 5 month stretch) + loss of work has forced me into now working 2 jobs just to try to make ends meet + family commitments.. i don't have the time to give to this race...

The way i see it: If you're taking peoples money...and you can't do it right, don't fuggin' do it. plain & simple.

without the commitment of our group it just ain't happenin' this year. hopefully we'll get some more people who are will to give their time to make this work.

Looking to Blame someone? f*ckin' Blame me.

Cecil thanks for all you've done

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Brad,

How about telling me what dollar amount I'd need to raise to make the event happen? Or ring me at 828-713-2459. I've kinda done this rodeoo before and like to think I'm good at it. You never know. Volunteers and food are easy.

Peace,
Butch :wave:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Brad,

How about telling me what dollar amount I'd need to raise to make the event happen? Or ring me at 828-713-2459. I've kinda done this rodeoo before and like to think I'm good at it. You never know. Volunteers and food are easy.

Peace,
Butch :wave:
Butch I am not trying to be an Ass, but if you want to help you need to talk to me and Brad together. It is our event and we still plan to make it happen, just not this year. Also without us you will not get anywhere with the Park. If you really want to help and not just try to step in it for yourself like you have in the past, we will be glad to have anyone that wants to help. But I will say this again, it will not happen this year....

Cecil

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
I don't know that the State Park would let us do a Race if IMBA SORBA is not involved...

and would St. Francis sponsor the event if the Money didn't go to IMBA SORBA 501(c)... but someone else is going to have to work that angle, i can't.

bRad

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Butch I am not trying to be an Ass, but if you want to help you need to talk to me and Brad together. It is our event and we still plan to make it happen, just not this year. Also without us you will not get anywhere with the Park. If you really want to help and not just try to step in it for yourself like you have in the past, we will be glad to have anyone that wants to help. But I will say this again, it will not happen this year....

Cecil
Don't make things up. Never have done anything like that. Shame. :nope:

I offered my knowledge to Brad as assistance. And I've never made a dime for myself off a race and I know how to be efficient with one. And I know you better than anyone else does. You're good at the visuals and the idea guy.

I don't want to run the race. I wanted to offer my help to make it happen. And I don't want to see Brad's hard work go to waste. I don't want a dime for myself...none of us do.

One example:
Paying to bus in spectators is problem #1. They need to pay for their own shuttle. If they can't afford it, too bad. It's a charity event for a 501c. Sure, you gotta pay for port a johns, but nobody shuttled me to the Carolina Panthers game for free.