Quantcast

Paris Mt DH Race Sept 21st (Greenville Sc)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Just a little update for everyone planning to come to the race in Sept. The web site should be up with in the week. We are still locking in a few more sponsors. There is camping available in the park but you will need to reserve a spot. You will want to reserve a spot in the RV/Tent camping area. You can do this by calling the park at 864-244-5565 and tell them you are coming in for the bike race. I have also been calling around Greenville to work out a deal with a Hotel discount for you guys near the park. I have called most of them already and they are almost booked up for the 19th, 20th, and 21st due to some big Soccer tournament here in Greenville that weekend. So my suggestion is get on the phone now and reserve a room somewhere based off the below links. Most of these Hotels are about 15mins to 20mins tops from the Park and Downtown where all the Bars are.

If you do happen to find a good deal and they still have room, POST it up for all to know.

Here is some links from Google on Hotels in Greenville close to Paris Mt. State Park:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Hotels&near=Greenville,+S+Carolina&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

I know that the Phoenix Greenville's Inn (864) 233-4651 has rooms open right now, but are about $90 a night. It’s about 10 mins both ways to the Park and Downtown.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=Hotels&near=Greenville,+S+Carolina&fb=1&view=text&cd=6&latlng=34848949,-82359858,10363280829826301994&ei=h15ESMTuCpbWqgKKsc0o

Thanks,
Cecil

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Kanuga is sooo much fun and FAST as hell. Rob and myself have been hitting it up pretty regularly, as for the DH run super slow.... but o well it is what it is. I amjust pumped that there is going to be a DH race in the G' Vegas!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
as for the DH run super slow.... but o well it is what it is.
Buh??????? I beg to differ.... It is fast but has a lot of rocks, roots and turns. Just the way a true DH course should be. Not a side walk down the MT. I will have to say that the DH course would be better if it did have one High Speed section on it or a long streight away. But to only have to take maybe 15 to 20 pedal strokes on the whole course you really can't complain much.

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Cecil, First of all I am not complaining ,if you would read on I said that I am pumped that G' Vegas is having a DH race, actually I was thanking you because we know that you are putting it on. I also agree that A TRUE DH course shouldnt be a "sidewalk" down a mountain. I knew I was going to get flamed by posting about the race course. Maybe when you get healed up, which I hope is soon you can show me so lines down the DH course, if not thats cool I am sure we will eventually ride together since I usually ride w Rob and the crew. I am not the fastest rider, not to metion I took a 6 month lay off from the mts. Didnt mean to step on your feet bro!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Cecil, First of all I am not complaining ,if you would read on I said that I am pumped that G' Vegas is having a DH race, actually I was thanking you because we know that you are putting it on. I also agree that A TRUE DH course shouldnt be a "sidewalk" down a mountain. I knew I was going to get flamed by posting about the race course. Maybe when you get healed up, which I hope is soon you can show me so lines down the DH course, if not thats cool I am sure we will eventually ride together since I usually ride w Rob and the crew. I am not the fastest rider, not to metion I took a 6 month lay off from the mts. Didnt mean to step on your feet bro!!!!
Sorry didn't mean to come across as A$$. I would be glad to ride with you when I heal up. How is the Eastern treating you?

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Its all good bro, no worries!!!! The Eastern is SICK, Rob helped me yesterday finally get it dialed in. Light, Fast, Fun. I changed the bars and stem out, now I am good to go. Hurry up and get better so we all can rip up some trails, because it is on like Donkey Kong!!!!! LOL. Lookinfg foward to the race and many good times!!!!:cheers:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Buh??????? I beg to differ.... It is fast but has a lot of rocks, roots and turns. Just the way a true DH course should be. Not a side walk down the MT. I will have to say that the DH course would be better if it did have one High Speed section on it or a long streight away. But to only have to take maybe 15 to 20 pedal strokes on the whole course you really can't complain much.
I haven't ridden there in awhile but I think that trail will make about as good a DH course as one will find in Greenville. That trail is a blast! I'm sure its a lot rockier these days as well considering how much popularity the park has gained.

I plan on being there but it all depends on collegiate scheduling.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Just a little update on what’s going on with the race in Sept.

First and foremost I want to thank all the Sponsors we have so far:
Morewood Bikes
Eastern Bikes
Michelin Tires
Cane Creek
Obtainium Performance Ti Springs
Tifosi Eyewear
Azonic
E-13

I am going to go walk the Race Course with the Head Park Ranger today to see what we can change up and what we can do to make the race course better.

Few more deals to close with some other sponsors and the web site will go live...

Will update you guys more as things progress.

Cecil

May 5, 2008
Cecil if you are going to have some trail work days PM me. There are four of us who would come out and help. We all have tools as well.

We all have kids so the earlier we know the easier it is to schedule time away from our families.

Thanks for setting this up in this area. I am slow as mud, but I hope to be there and ride.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Cecil if you are going to have some trail work days PM me. There are four of us who would come out and help. We all have tools as well.

We all have kids so the earlier we know the easier it is to schedule time away from our families.

Thanks for setting this up in this area. I am slow as mud, but I hope to be there and ride.
That is another reason for meeting with the head Ranger today. To schedule a work day out there. Mainly to show him where I would like to put in berms and what stumps need to be cut out of the trail. I will post up when the work day will be once a date is set.

Thanks and will be glad to have you out there.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That is another reason for meeting with the head Ranger today. To schedule a work day out there. Mainly to show him where I would like to put in berms and what stumps need to be cut out of the trail. I will post up when the work day will be once a date is set.

Thanks and will be glad to have you out there.
no stump cutting please. Thanks.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Any word on the Paris DH website? Coming in May?
Like I stated in my update. The web site is ready but I am still waiting to close a few more deals with sponsors first. We hope to have it up no later than the 20th. Things take time to put togther the right way the first time. Please be patient..

Thanks,
Cecil