Quantcast

Paris Mt DH Race Web Site Is Up

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Guys the web site for the Paris Mountain Dh Race is up. Please take a min to visit it.

www.parismountaindh.com

Remember we are limited to only 100 racers for the first year. First come first served...... We will be updating the site within the next few weeks so make sure to go back and look at the Blog page. Visit the Sponsors page as well. We will be adding in a few last min sponsors soon.

Thanks and hope to see you guys at the race!!!!

Cecil:cheers:

Last edited:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Site looks good Cecil. Jeff and myself are still planning on coming. Think maybe next weekend we may be coming out that way on Sunday to have a look at the course.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Good job Cecil! I'm still planning on getting you some prizes, hopefully I can make it up there before the race. If I dont I'll just send them to you. Gimme a shout if you need some more info 843 412 7784

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Went up to Paris today and it was fast and sick. The recent rains have really helped the trails out alot. Anyone heard the latest nad greatest on the race/ event. I have been checking the parisdh site for updates, but have not seen anything. Cecil are you going to have a dig day, and if so count me in bro. I am looking foward to the race. Anyone know how many people have signed up. I will sign up this weekend. Please keep us updated!!!!!!!:cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Dig day will happen soon. I am thinking sometime in the first of Aug on a Saturday. We need to put in about 5 Berms and that is about it.

The site is getting ready to be updated here in a few days with more Sponsors and info for the Saturday Night 20th event downtown for the race. We plan to invite all of the cyclist in Greenville and all that is coming into Greenville for the Race that night. There will be some great Prizes raffled off that night. Good times to be had.

I will post up when the site is updated. I am looking forward to putting on a great race for you guys.

Cecil :cheers:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Site looks great. For some reason the text on the Rules page and also on the Schedule page is cut off on the right hand side for me.

I hope it's not bad karma to have a sports medicine clinic be sponsoring the race. :D

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Site looks great. For some reason the text on the Rules page and also on the Schedule page is cut off on the right hand side for me.
Revamping the site = major pain the ass... "I am no webmaster" so i'm struggling to get this thing changed so it's easy to update and change for the future. the old site was cool - artwise but updating sponsors and title sponsoring info major pain

By all means give me a shout if there are any bad links or text going off the page i'll try get those issues fixed also any bad links.

what sucks for me is I'm on a mac and what appears fine to me is all outta whack on a PC using in InternetExplorer. :banghead:

Bear with me on getting this thing fixed right! :huh:

bizutch said:
firefox error when clicking on the sponsors. error 404
still? seems fine on my FireFox (mac) lemme know :imstupid:

Jun 11, 2004
I just checked and I didn't have any of the problems that Kenan or Butch had. Everything looked fine.............

Oh and I didn't realize that we get two race runs? Is it best of two runs? Or combined time? I think I read that on the registration page not the rules page....

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Just confirmed this morning that FiveTen will be a Sponsor for the race. They will be giving us a few pairs of DH shoes to give away. The winners of them will get to pick out thier size and look after being awarded.

Once again thanks to all our great Sponsors. :banana::clapping:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just confirmed this morning that FiveTen will be a Sponsor for the race. They will be giving us a few pairs of DH shoes to give away. The winners of them will get to pick out thier size and look after being awarded.

Once again thanks to all our great Sponsors. :banana::clapping:

Can I suggest a raffle of all these prizes and just medals for the amateur class awards? I can't stand seeing some ungrateful douche take 1st place Amateur & walk off the podium ticked off b/c the sunglasses he got are grey, not black. The raffle would raise a heck of a lot more money for your trail efforts. just saying....remember our old races & how those sour grapes would whine about "I've already GOT a new set of DH tires! Don't you have something else?" "How come I got a t-shirt & he got a chainguide? My class had faster times." :crazy:

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Can I suggest a raffle of all these prizes and just medals for the amateur class awards? I can't stand seeing some ungrateful douche take 1st place Amateur & walk off the podium ticked off b/c the sunglasses he got are grey, not black. The raffle would raise a heck of a lot more money for your trail efforts. just saying....remember our old races & how those sour grapes would whine about "I've already GOT a new set of DH tires! Don't you have something else?" "How come I got a t-shirt & he got a chainguide? My class had faster times." :crazy:
we haven't announced it yet but working on new a sponsor for those who don't like what we're givin' out....

:cheers:

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Trust me, as I have worked very hard to get all these great prizes to give out to winners from each classes. I want everyone to be happy for coming out to race. If someone wants to complain about what they won then I can just take it back from them and say thanks for coming:bonk:!!!!! Then turn around and give it to the next runner up. I think everyone that shows up to race will be very happy for doing so after the events are over with.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Trust me, as I have worked very hard to get all these great prizes to give out to winners from each classes. I want everyone to be happy for coming out to race. If someone wants to complain about what they won then I can just take it back from them and say thanks for coming:bonk:!!!!! Then turn around and give it to the next runner up. I think everyone that shows up to race will be very happy for doing so after the events are over with.
Sounds like you're going to need Jeremy present so we will have the Complaint box on hand.

tvanderkamp

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
Santos will be a good time. I just moved from Tampa and we rode at Santos at least once a month. The XC races depend a lot on which track they use. If it is on the Vortex Pit side, and they leave in the red trails then you get some super technical riding that is a lot of fun. If they leave that out, it is flat, flat, flat, and then some slight uphill that is flat too.

Take you dirt jumper with you if you have one. Santos has a rocking A,B, and C dirt jump line. Guys out there doing backflips on thier mountain bikes. They also have 10 ft, 12 ft, and 16 ft cliff drops in the pit. Actually, if you're with Freeride South you probably know all this already. Ha! Sorry about that. But the cross country races are very tame. Fast, but tame.
Their isn't DH but I'll be racing TT and DS on saturday and XC and STXC on Sunday. The race flyer says it'll be held at Santos.