Quantcast

Paris Mt. Ride in Greenville this Sunday 22nd.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Ok, for you guys close to Greenville. We will be doing a ride at Paris Mt. this weekend on Sunday the 22nd. So far Sunday looks like it will be a sunny day in the low 60's. If you have never been there before you are in for a fun ride. The place is much like riding a fast dual course the hole time, with some fun a$$ downhills. Bring your small bikes because there is some climbing too, but not bad. If you interested lets talk about a time when everyone can get together. What works for you? Morning time or lunch time?

Cecil

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Definately interested in checking it out.
But I can't make it up there this weekend.
Please keep me posted next time you guys go.

I head up to Keowee alot usually once every other month.
Need to start bringing my bike.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
DVNT said:
Definately interested in checking it out.
But I can't make it up there this weekend.
Please keep me posted next time you guys go.

I head up to Keowee alot usually once every other month.
Need to start bringing my bike.
There is a few of us that ride there every Sunday. We can do shuttle runs on the big downhill if we have enough people and a truck. I am trying to get the key so we can shuttle the long downhill that drops to the back side of the Mt. to the lower camp site. It is super fast. Are you wake boarding up at Keowee? My wife and I are thinking of building up there if we can find some land on the lake.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah. Doing some wakeboarding, I'd rather drive a few hours than put in at Lanier.
Lake property up there is going so fast! Especially the northern end near Jocasee.
Wasn't there some XC trails near Jocasee? Palmetto trail or something like that?

I'll let you know next time I'm up that way, it'll probably be in a few weeks since i was up there 2 weeks ago.

A weekend of wakeboarding and downhilling might not be too bad... :drool:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I am up for some wake boarding. Its been over a year now. Put a hole in my ear drum cuting flips a year and a half ago. Was trying to cut more flips in a row more than my friend did. My face was numb for a week. It sucked bad. Had to have surgey to fix the hole. I plan on doing some wake boarding soon. Its not bad in the winter with the suit on, plus no boats in the water. Best time of the year. Just did some surfing in NJ with my brother in law over Christmas. It was nice.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
FCLinder said:
I wish!!!!!!! No, just doing really well right now. Plus the only thing we owe anything on is our house. Life has been good.
You must be doing VERY well to be even entertaining the idea of a house on Keowee. Waterfront lots range from $150,000 to $800,000, average waterfront lot with decent "shoreline" is in the $225,000 to $350,000 range, that is JUST FOR THE LOT! If you can do it, it's an excellent investment, good for you Cecil.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
brian,

you are going to be able to milk that "i'm building a house" routine only so far.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
BKQuill said:
You must be doing VERY well to be even entertaining the idea of a house on Keowee. Waterfront lots range from $150,000 to $800,000, average waterfront lot with decent "shoreline" is in the $225,000 to $350,000 range, that is JUST FOR THE LOT! If you can do it, it's an excellent investment, good for you Cecil.
I know bro!!!! I have been looking.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i rodet at mt paris the tues after christmas day and alot of it was still impassible due to deadfall...has that been cleared up already.

the 'hincapie' wall is brutal!

i rode down b something ridge twice (that climb back up aint easy either)

the lake loop is bad ass too.

i wasnt able to ride anything else but would definitely make a weekend trip back there...that place looks like it has made potential

the trip down to the lake has two sweeeet hip/drop jump lookin things but that was my first trip down it so i wasnt looking to boost it, although it looks like you could get stooooopid on them real easy.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Jeremy R said:
Ha, yeah, no doubt.
I thought that is what he was doing last year, and he is just now doing the grading?
Sniff sniff, I smell malarky!:)
Jeremy, you in? We are going to be there around 1 to 1:30, usual time. We may have the key to shuttle the long DH run off the back side of the Mt. There is about 5 of us so far.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
ridetoofast said:
i rodet at mt paris the tues after christmas day and alot of it was still impassible due to deadfall...has that been cleared up already.

the 'hincapie' wall is brutal!

i rode down b something ridge twice (that climb back up aint easy either)

the lake loop is bad ass too.

i wasnt able to ride anything else but would definitely make a weekend trip back there...that place looks like it has made potential

the trip down to the lake has two sweeeet hip/drop jump lookin things but that was my first trip down it so i wasnt looking to boost it, although it looks like you could get stooooopid on them real easy.
Ridetoofast, it is all clear now. The two jumps are fun to hit. The second one you can defiantly get some air on. I will have to take pics this weekend and post them. My helmet cam the big DH too.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
Ha, yeah, no doubt.
I thought that is what he was doing last year, and he is just now doing the grading?
Sniff sniff, I smell malarky!:)
i think we should declare shenanigans on his @$$.

he used the house bit AND the twins story to get out of a work day up here recently

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
FCLinder said:
So far Sunday looks like it will be a sunny day in the low 60's. Cecil

Felt more like the low 40's and rain to me. :mumble: It still was a fun ride even if I did feel like I was going to die getting (pushing) back up most of those hills. Damn, am I out of shape.

Thanks for showing Dave and I around. :thumb: I am sure you will see him around a lot and when I move to Charlotte you will see me around also.

Rich

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Salami said:
Felt more like the low 40's and rain to me. :mumble: It still was a fun ride even if I did feel like I was going to die getting (pushing) back up most of those hills. Damn, am I out of shape.

Thanks for showing Dave and I around. :thumb: I am sure you will see him around a lot and when I move to Charlotte you will see me around also.

Rich
Yeah it was a bit chilly that climb wasn't as bad as I expected it to be though. I guess I'm used to it.