Quantcast

Paris Mt. Super D Race April 22nd

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
any info on the course?

or did i miss that in another thread somewhere

thanks

how far is Paris Mtn from the north end of Lake Keowee?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
any info on the course?

or did i miss that in another thread somewhere

thanks

how far is Paris Mtn from the north end of Lake Keowee?
It is about 40mins away from Keowee. The course is small bike friendly with 80% DH and 20% XC. You can carry your speed up all the up hills from 1/4 of the way down the run. The first part is where you will do most of the XCing. Its like one long slalom course. There will be a shuttle running that day so you will not have to push or ride you bike back up. The run should be about 5 to 6 mins long.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
totally forgot that's the same weekend everyone was headed to windrock.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
doubt it. The DH crowd is not really your key demographic and of the crew at Windrock last year, I'd say you would have lost 3-4 riders max to Windrock if you'd held it then.

Sucks for guys like me to choose one or the other...but the number of people with P.1's, hardtails, trailbikes and enduro style bikes far outnumbers the Windrockers.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Ok, I just found out last night the Clemson Tiger Rag XC race is on April 22nd and sense we can only have the race on Sundays it looks like a bad idea to try to have a Super D race at Paris Mt. the same day. Is there any other weekend that doesn’t have a race in April, May, or June that will effect our turn out? This really sucks!!!!:disgust1: We really want to make a Super D race happen at Paris Mt this season.

Nc Bo

Chimp
Feb 16, 2007
Bend OR/Asheville NC
Super D? Is it a Super Downhill? or is it like "Super Draining" cause of how hard you have to pedal? Just wondering .. miss you guys. Bo
I'll be there to help in April man.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Just wanted to share that it's raining in Asheville and I got in a ride before work this morning before the rain.....(useless post...but happy boy).
Its raining here too, but I ended up riding in the rain on the golf course anyways haha... big ol' middle finger to T-Blade.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Due to the Tiger Rag Race being on the 22 too, we are looking at a new date of June 3rd or 10th. I will know more once we have Publix locked in as a sponsor.
a race in Greenville in June....I'm gonna have to sport roadie gear.

Can't you get Hincapie Sports to ante up and "own 'er"?

BMW doesn't want to pay the tab???

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
a race in Greenville in June....I'm gonna have to sport roadie gear.

Can't you get Hincapie Sports to ante up and "own 'er"?

BMW doesn't want to pay the tab???
Rich only does road events. I have tried to get him to turn the Michelin Classic into a end of the year Sea Otter event. Greenville would be perfect for it now with Paris Mt and all. The Readies still rule here, but I have been told MT. Bike sells is up 33% from last years sells because of the Paris Mt. trails.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Rich only does road events. I have tried to get him to turn the Michelin Classic into a end of the year Sea Otter event. Greenville would be perfect for it now with Paris Mt and all. The Readies still rule here, but I have been told MT. Bike sells is up 33% from last years sells because of the Paris Mt. trails.
Yep, I'd say Sunday, there was 33% more riders to meet there now while I am drifting through a blind corner. :twitch:
That place is a pilgrimage to Mecca on a Sunday.