Quantcast

Paris Mt. Super D race dates.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Dates are set. We are planning to have 2 Super D races on March 25th and April 22nd at Paris Mt in Greenville SC. If you have never ridden at Paris Mt., most of the trails are super fast and flowing. The course will be the same for both races with about 80% DH and 20% cross country. There are a few small climbs on the course, but if you carry your speed well you will not notice them at all. You will want to run your small travel bike, but big bikes are welcome. I hope to have more info soon and will keep you guys updated.

:cheers:
Cecil

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sweet. Count me in. I think any racing back in the South is great. I hope you get good support. Are they cheap to enter?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I have not come up with the entry fee yet. I am working on sponsors for the race to cover all the cost (Norba Fee’s, Timing and someone to run it, Pro Purse, Tee’s, and other fee’s). I am meeting with Red Bull tomorrow to see how much they are going to put in. They say, they are in, but don’t know yet how much $$ they are going to throw in the pot. I already have Barly’s Bew Pub fronting money for the Pro Purse and a local bike shop to help out on swag and some cost.

If any one has any good contacts with a nice timing system please let me know as we are looking for someone to run the timing for us. We really want the chip kind of timing, but will take the next best thing if we have to.

As for money goes, what ever we make off the races after all cost we are going to put it back into the park to help trail building. I feel that is one of the best things we can do with the money.

Cecil

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I have not come up with the entry fee yet. I am working on sponsors for the race to cover all the cost (Norba Fee’s, Timing and someone to run it, Pro Purse, Tee’s, and other fee’s). I am meeting with Red Bull tomorrow to see how much they are going to put in. They say, they are in, but don’t know yet how much $$ they are going to throw in the pot. I already have Barly’s Bew Pub fronting money for the Pro Purse and a local bike shop to help out on swag and some cost.

If any one has any good contacts with a nice timing system please let me know as we are looking for someone to run the timing for us. We really want the chip kind of timing, but will take the next best thing if we have to.

As for money goes, what ever we make off the races after all cost we are going to put it back into the park to help trail building. I feel that is one of the best things we can do with the money.

Cecil
I for one am for canning the t-shirts. Put that money into timing or the park's trails.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
t-shirts are what sponsor's logos go on. It's the lame reason they throw money at an event...so their logo can be seen at the gym countless times over the next 5 years.
:thumb:

Butch I need to talk with you when you have time about if we should bring MADRA back. We have to pay a Norba fee for a club promoter for these two races. We could just renew MADRA's and run the races under that. The cost is $150 and I maybe able to get the shop to pay for it. Plus I maybe able to get free hosting for the MADRA site to be back up. Do you have a back up of the old site?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
:thumb:

Butch I need to talk with you when you have time about if we should bring MADRA back. We have to pay a Norba fee for a club promoter for these two races. We could just renew MADRA's and run the races under that. The cost is $150 and I maybe able to get the shop to pay for it. Plus I maybe able to get free hosting for the MADRA site to be back up. Do you have a back up of the old site?
in regards to the site, you'd have to ask Mallie Dein. She ran the old one. I ran out of funds for it and one day it disappeared. I emailed her twice this last month asking her the same questions but no response.

In regards to re-activating MADHRA as a club, I don't have time to run MADHRA again...not even as an officer really. I'm a Pisgah Area SORBA member and have a hard enough time just making meetings.

. I'll work through SORBA from now on because we have a local chapter that is motivated. They advocate, maintain trails and can host events..plus having a NORBA Trustee like Woody Keen is very valuable. You can eiether get the exact same insurance company NORBA uses without having to go through them or use Clemson's freeride chapter's SORBA designation and host the event through them and their insurance if you want.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
in regards to the site, you'd have to ask Mallie Dein. She ran the old one. I ran out of funds for it and one day it disappeared. I emailed her twice this last month asking her the same questions but no response.

In regards to re-activating MADHRA as a club, I don't have time to run MADHRA again...not even as an officer really. I'm a Pisgah Area SORBA member and have a hard enough time just making meetings.

. I'll work through SORBA from now on because we have a local chapter that is motivated. They advocate, maintain trails and can host events..plus having a NORBA Trustee like Woody Keen is very valuable. You can eiether get the exact same insurance company NORBA uses without having to go through them or use Clemson's freeride chapter's SORBA designation and host the event through them and their insurance if you want.
Lets talk about that when you get back. It sounds good to me.

Thanks,

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I might not get a chance to head out to Mammoth this year, so this could be my only chance to ride anything with a greater vertical than Space Mountain for quite some time.
Well if you come up we will have to take you to some real DHs up near us in NC. I will make sure all the local FL boys are there.

BillT

Monkey
I was thinking that I could take off a Friday and drive it Thursday after work. I just hate flying with my bike, but I'll take a look at the flights. I may have a friend or two interested in the race and doing some riding there.