Quantcast

Paris mtn.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I'm planning a short trip to Greenville and Brevard between the 18th and 21st of August. I'd like to check out Paris while I am in Greenville. How much trail does the park have? Can I ride the highlights in a morning?

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
There is a good bit to ride form XC to mild DH. The place is great being so close to the city and the runs that go down toth e lake are super fun. All around fun place to ride w/ some challange. You can ride anytime, beside Saturday's. Have fun and maybe we will se you out there.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
I'm planning a short trip to Greenville and Brevard between the 18th and 21st of August. I'd like to check out Paris while I am in Greenville. How much trail does the park have? Can I ride the highlights in a morning?

Trail Info HERE

there is about 16 miles total of trail, only bad thing is there is not really a continuos loop of singletrack without having to ride some of the paved road... there are really two sections of the park lower end near the entrance & lower lake, there are two milder section of trail... Turtle Trail and Mountain Creek Trails, at the end (top) of Mountain it connects with Sulphur Springs which was used as our DH course... you don't want to go up that! so hang a left to the Archery Lot and ride the road up to the Top sections of trails.... once at the top lot hang left on you can climb fire tower to Kanuga or split right down Brissy Ridge... lots of climbing on the the upper trails... fun fun downhill sections on Pipssisswa and Kanuga down to the North lake loop...

map and info here... and as JD said Saturday's NO BIKES (yeah it sucks, but 3 years ago used to be no bikes.... so i'd rather have one day i can't ride there, rather than no day to ride there!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Good info Brad.
Here is my normal loop at Paris:

Start from the bottom:
Turtle trail then up mountain creek to the bottom of the DH course.
Hit the pavement up to firetower, climb to the top
and take the left long Kanuga trail. Around the lake and then
climb back up brissy ridge to the short Kanuga trail and climb it.
Then back down short Kanuga, turn left, then turn right and stay on Brissy down to the lower road. Climb it back to the top of the DH course, and then take it all way back out to the car.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Thanks for the info guys! Coming from the midwest "grid work" trails are the norm. I plan on riding Paris on a tues. morning, so I'm hoping there won't be many hikers out.

I plan on bringing a couple sets of tires with me:
2.35 small block eights
2.35 and 2.5 minions
I have a bunch of other stuff laying around, but these are my standards

Should I plan for speed or traction?

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Thanks for the info guys! Coming from the midwest "grid work" trails are the norm. I plan on riding Paris on a tues. morning, so I'm hoping there won't be many hikers out.

I plan on bringing a couple sets of tires with me:
2.35 small block eights
2.35 and 2.5 minions
I have a bunch of other stuff laying around, but these are my standards

Should I plan for speed or traction?
speed the small blocks will work well, the trails are pretty dry, not too many roots... (except for the DH course)

the route i take is park at the bottom ride the road pass the park Center and lake all the way to the stop sign before the camp ground.. hang right on to Turtle, hang left on Mountain Creek... left pass the amphitheater stay right at next 2 junctions , cross little bridge, steep climb Left at next Junct. to Archery parking lot, climb road.. at top parking lot go left.... hang right at Kiosk, down Brissey Ridge Left on Kanuga , climb Right at Junct. down Kanuga to Lake, Left around lake, cross the dam left on to Pipsisswa climb, Right on to Brissy Ridge, choice, techy up Brissy or right again to Kanuga, if you go this way make Left to Fire Tower down to the upper parking lot.... on the other side of the circle you'll see a trail going up this is the Sulphur Springs DH section of trail... it has a couple of trees down. if you want the easy way out take the road down to the first parking area on the Left. the DH trail is an eroded fall line stretch of trail that drops 6-700 ft in less than a mile. straight on down Mountain Creek to the car.

another fun ride is Up Firetower right to Kanuga Right down to Brissey, Left and left again down Pips to the lake.... Note Climbing Kanuga is do-able but sucks, Pips is the easier of the two climbs.