Quantcast

Paris-Roubaix photos

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle

"On a bone-dry route, leave it to Bob Roll to find the only mud pit."

Best one-day race ever, hands down.

I went to see it in 2001, which is I'm pretty sure the year of that first pic. Absolutely epic.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Thats awesome that you went to the Paris-Roubaix!! I would love to see that race in person, or the Alp dHouz stage of the tour :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Thats awesome that you went to the Paris-Roubaix!! I would love to see that race in person, or the Alp dHouz stage of the tour :)
It was kind of a beautiful fluke. My girl and I planned a trip to Paris, and after we had bought the tickets and everything I realized it happened to be the week of the race. We connected with a British touring company and got on a bus full of crazy english folks. Everyone was drinking by like 9 am. We saw the start in compiegne, then leapfrogged the peloton a bunch of times and saw them go through 4-5 cobble sections (including troisvilles, arenberg, etc.), then went to the velodrome for the finish. So rad. It was pissing rain and cold all day, just totally classic. That was the year hincapie got triple teamed by Museew, kninaven, etc., with kinaven taking the win.

Is it me or is VS not doing any coverage this week? I can't find a listing for Cyclysm. :crazy:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Is it me or is VS not doing any coverage this week? I can't find a listing for Cyclysm. :crazy:
I just posted that in another thread, I can't find the coverage either. Of all races you would think they would show this one

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I love the spring classics. When living in NL we hit them all (amstel went past my front door). We also saw several northern Tour stages but I had little interest in fighting the crowds for the big climbing stages especially when eurosport coverage kicked ass.