Quantcast

Park City: worth a bike trip?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My buddies are planning the next bike trip. Looks like they're settling on Park City in September. I haven't been on a bike trip in a while due to my back issue and having a hard time getting back into shape. If I decide to join them, I'll have to train my ass off, and I want the destination to be worth it...

We've done AZ, CO, OR, WA and BC, so we're looking at other destinations, which is how they landed there. There's some decent videos from Nate Hills and Remy Metailler, but that much overall. Fast and flowy is fine, but maybe not for a whole week... is there more variety there?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I had a blast in park city years ago, but yea, mellower than I’m used to. That said Marshal has told me there are super gnar trails just on the west side of the mtns. I intend on scoping those out this year.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've not ridden any of the lift assisted stuff or hidden gnar. Trail riding is just "nice" XC stuff from my recollection. Haven't ridden there since 2015, but I've got a 75 mile race out there August 31st :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yeah...y u no come to the southeast-everthing from mellow flow stuff to backcountry epics to windrock and snowshoe...
I'd love to... but I think the destination is already set for this one. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth burning my vacation time and training for... the training is always worth doing, the vacation, I'm not sure... maybe I'll keep one in the bank to go to Mexico later in the fall...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'd love to... but I think the destination is already set for this one. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth burning my vacation time and training for... the training is always worth doing, the vacation, I'm not sure... maybe I'll keep one in the bank to go to Mexico later in the fall...
there’s always ebike these days.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
haha, too soon? Saving that for retirement?
oh man, I've got to give getting back in shape a fair shake first... I'm not even 50 yet! It seems that all my buddies had a mid-life crisis when they turned 50 and started getting in shape... running, workouts, curly-bar bikes, basement sessions on Zwift... It's like I don't recognize them anymore! But my friends group is my riding group. And my riding buddies are getting faster with age... so if I want to hang out with them, I'm gonna have to get faster too. I'll try the meat-powered approach before I give up and turn to electrons.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Interestingly, most of Park City single track and bike paths are verboten to e-bikes…unless you are 65.
So I was thinking that bike shops could offer ‘old people’ disguises.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Interestingly, most of Park City single track and bike paths are verboten to e-bikes…unless you are 65.
So I was thinking that bike shops could offer ‘old people’ disguises.
Nothing a little grecian formula and the old fake ID we used to need to get into bars can't fix...!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If I was planning a Mountain West bike trip for September I'd be shooting for a hit-n-run road trip through Crested Butte/Buena Vista/Salida.