Quantcast

Park tools dual stand! I can now wrench properly!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I got the chance to buy a stand today from a shop going outa business.

It holds DH bikes so its DH related!! Sorta..
Park tools PRS-2 OS deluxe dual bike stand with base.
Paid $150 for it and it looks identical to this one. Is that a going price or did I jump the gun?
This stand minus the sweet ten speed! :D

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
QBP has them(the plastic clamp parts), so any shop with an account can get them. I'm not sure about online.

As far as the stand goes, they go for about $600 new with the base.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
$150??? where's this shop going out of business? they got any more of those???? you can barely get a single bike stand made out of plastic for that price!!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
...correcting people on the proper grammatical usage of "hella" is undoubtedly "HELLA GHEY"

guess not everyones a cool enough Cali BRAH to use hella the right way.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Nice, I still have an old blackburn thing that I bought when I was 16, never seen one anywhere else actually, and cant find a picture now, it predates the internet haha :)

Imagine two "L" shaped bits of metal, hinged at the top, so when open it stands on the two bottom bits of the Ls, with a clamp at the cojoined top bit.

It's a little wobbly compared to newer offerings, but it does the job. The clamp isn't as positive as park etc either.

The problem I have with my DHi though is the only tube suitable for clamping it in a stand is the one under the shock, and then I can't spin the pedals freely :(

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Damn! Nice stand, and a killer price! If you ever want to sell it, pm me :biggrin:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Nice focking stand.

Those things are so night and day from the consumer models. They really are pro grade, you can work with them all day every day.

Tip:

Pull the clamps and thoroughly clean and re-lube everything. Keep the inside greased well. Make sure the clamp adjusting turnbuckle is clean and lubed too, as well as all the pivots.

Take care of it and that thing should last long enough to pass on to your grand children.

Also, buy one of these for the top:

http://www.amazon.com/Repair-Stand-Park-Tool-Kaddie/dp/B000AO9RJG

Pimp.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
That's a steal! I work at a shop, and was stoked when I picked a single (not double) one off CraigsList for $180.

Enjoy!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
We have 5 of those exact same stands at my shop and they've been around for like 10 years or something like that...(Had them before I started working there so I don't really know)

Only thing they've replaced are a couple of the bases. But they really are great stands, I used them at lunch about every time I work!