Quantcast

Parking In Gambrill

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
I was riding in Gambrill the tohter day, and we parked a truck on the side of the road, near the entrance to the long blue trail run. The one that starts in Gambrill, and ends at Hamburg Rd. Anyway a park ranger informed me that there is no parking anywhere in Gambrill, except for the designated areas. He was real cool about it, in fact he said he was looking for an alternative place to park. I have his name and number, and intend on helping scout out an area with him next week. So...in the meantime I would suggest NOT parking anywhere in Gambrill, but the designated areas. In order to run the Blue trail you'll have to park at the 2nd overlook, and pedal to the trailhead, however it has a few small climbs so get out your heartrate monitors. The ranger is VERY cool with the parking situation at the radidio towers, and I'd like it to stay that way.

SHEDPIMP
"Saving the wolr one day at a time....."

V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10 V10

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Did you park near the gate where the Mastiff owners live or did you pull over at the little gate near the yellow loop rock garden about a hundred yards West of that on the right? Either way, the scenic overlook/High Knob parking lot across from the Ranger station you mentioned does afford two nice options for getting to the top of that blue trail downhill: either following the yellow trail to a right on the gravel driveway or following the blue/black trail to it. The blue/black is a little more technical, but you have more total climbing to do to get to the descent trailhead off the driveway if you are on a big bike.