Quantcast

ParkLogic Update

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
The crew is in overdrive and we are churning out new features and new trail sections left and right. We still have a few weeks before opening day, however, here is a small glimpse of what we are working on during our second shift....

Currently in production:
-20ft flat box [2feet high]
-20ft flat box [3feet high]
-20ft flat box [4feet high]
-24ft rainbow box
-30ft ladder drop / transition kicker-out
-30ft reverse rainbow ladder

ParkLogic Coming Soon:
-Monster wallride [gap-on, 20feet tall x30feet wide]
-New 'Salvation' trail connecting Deliverance to Alpine! Smooth and fast!
-New Progression Skills Park
-Too much too list, stay tuned!

Don't forget! Friday is the deadline for season pass discounts!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so not that this is not sweet, but whats the point of these boxes? at least at this height? hop on ride across to a 2, 3, 4 foot drop?

slippery when wet?

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
so not that this is not sweet, but whats the point of these boxes? at least at this height? hop on ride across to a 2, 3, 4 foot drop?

slippery when wet?
Good questions... These smaller boxes are designed to transform certain trails to be more slopestyle "influenced". We have a 5 year plan in place to convert certain sections of the mountain to be entire slopestyle 'areas'. Instead of creating one slopestyle park each year and then dismantling them for winter operations, we will be constantly adding on a yearly basis and by year 5 creating an extensive slopestyle park that only gets better year to year. Year one 15 features, year two 30, etc etc...

To answer your question. These boxes are very basic but the first step to transform certain lines. They can be setup as small step-on boxes, fun to manual on, but more importanly to introduce riders to these new features with a low intimidation factor.. No worries, tons more coming, this is just the beginning.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
yea, i didnt get the box concept either. were not on snowboards, im sure they will come up with some creative little stunt out of it. keep up the good work guys, its very much appreciated by all!

17 days!!!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
slopestyle, that was what i thought. im not one for the whole slopestyle era, but hey the more stunts the better, cool idea!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Thanks... We're pushing to get as much done for many different riding styles as possible. While some of you may not enjoy these type of features, many of you have been begging for them the last few years. This is our way of broadening our market and providing extremely diverse terrain.... We have ALL types of new trails in the works for many different riding styles.. fast, flowy, steep, mellow, slopestyle, natural...you name it.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Wow.Diablo... you were not kidding when you said most work on trails to date! Awesome, Its nice to see new stuff coming in.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
holy Christ I applaud you guys...this is the type of improvements that will get us guys in eastern PA coming out to ride Diablo...

Hope management is listening...

Awesome guys...keep it up

_Bill

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
and the fact that the weather today is amazing and im staring at my new bike i havent rode yet this is killing me now.....i wanna ride!!!! cant wait all is looking good. Gonna be a great summer!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
:beerjam:
Man, no Diablo Teaser Video Yet..... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Very soon!

We've been on the hill nearly 15 hour days, 7 days per week...Progress is staggering. Today we put the finishing touches on a new novice level trail (aka The Greenhorn), that will complete a near-top-to bottom run geared to attract less-skilled DH riders or newcomers. This new Greenhorn Trail is well designed, sustainable and completely smooth! Actually Greenhorn should be both XC and hardtail bike friendly as well. Good news! We have left Lower Breakout 'as-is" and were able to find a unique reroute for this new, "easiest" route.

To compliment this area will be a new Greenhorn Progression Zone featuring a flowing line of low-intimidation features designed to inspire riding confidence and balance. Many more improvements in the works...

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ

Very soon!

We've been on the hill nearly 15 hour days, 7 days per week...Progress is staggering. Today we put the finishing touches on a new novice level trail (aka The Greenhorn), that will complete a near-top-to bottom run geared to attract less-skilled DH riders or newcomers. This new Greenhorn Trail is well designed, sustainable and completely smooth! Actually Greenhorn should be both XC and hardtail bike friendly as well. Good news! We have left Lower Breakout 'as-is" and were able to find a unique reroute for this new, "easiest" route.

To compliment this area will be a new Greenhorn Progression Zone featuring a flowing line of low-intimidation features designed to inspire riding confidence and balance. Many more improvements in the works...
damn, thats awesome. can't wait til opening day!

rossp

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
what's the surface on those boxes and how are they in the wet? I assume it's not bare metal.... :help:

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
I'm pretty sure that's wood
All this progress sounds great, I want to see loads of pics of everything that's going up :D

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

Very soon!

Excellent!

This sounds like a great place for me to practice hitting trees. All I need to do is work on my dismount. Rumor has it I will dominate this year in the Floor Exercises AND the Uneven Bars.

I like the idea of a super-easy trail for people to get a feel for things without being thrown into the grinder.

BTW - I think "Grinder" would make an excellent trail name. You heard it here first. Shawn - if you use it, I expect another $50 off my Season Pass.

:biggrin:

"Submarine", "Hoagie", and "Dagwood" are also excellent names...

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Note: All rocks removed in order to smooth out 'Greenhorn' have been relocated to 'Deceit' as a result of numerous complaints that the trail was becoming a real bunny slope...

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Note: All rocks removed in order to smooth out 'Greenhorn' have been relocated to 'Deceit' as a result of numerous complaints that the trail was becoming a real bunny slope...

Sweet, I was getting tired of my wheels actually touching the dirt at any point of that trail.

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
Other good trail names :

Little Moab, The Rock, Miranda rights, downtube, skid marks, fattykill, fade to black (and Blue), Ulrich or hetfield, etc.

Greenhorn - awesome reference to deadliest catch tv show!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Other good trail names :

Little Moab, The Rock, Miranda rights, downtube, skid marks, fattykill, fade to black (and Blue), Ulrich or hetfield, etc.

Greenhorn - awesome reference to deadliest catch tv show!
exactly what i was thinking when i saw that! good show and trail!