Quantcast

Parris Island

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Hey whats up Southern Monkies. Yea so for my spring break I am going down to Parris Island, South Carolina. I will be there until Friday. Anyone live down in that area that knows of any good bike shops that rent nice bikes and any good riding down that way. Never been down there but I will prob be pretty close to the Marine base. Any input would be nice.

Crazy Dan

Chimp
Aug 26, 2002
Last Place!
I lived in Hilton Head (next island south of Parris Island) a few years back, and it is flat and there are an abundance of beach cruisers. There is a "skatepark" on Hilton Head ramps, 40 ft. wide mini ramp, street course a couple quarters, fun box and some other stuff. Wasn't built until after I moved, I did see it once, but I didn't have my board or bike. I don't know if bikes are allowed. Here's a review of the park from a skate website.
http://www.switchmagazine.com/skatepark_reviews/skateparks_hitonhead.html Never went to Parris Island though.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
rpk1988 said:
Yea my cousins husband is a drill sargent there. So this should be fun.
Actually they are referred to as Drill Instructors(D.I.) in the Marine Corps.
I spent a 3 month summer vacation there, too. Lots of heat, sand fleas, yelling and push-ups in the pit.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Peete said:
Actually they are referred to as Drill Instructors(D.I.) in the Marine Corps.
I spent a 3 month summer vacation there, too. Lots of heat, sand fleas, yelling and push-ups in the pit.
Yea I found that out the hard way. He has basically damaged his vocal cords forever. All he does is scream at people all day. But I guess thats what it takes to become a marine.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
KittyKittyGB said:
Just promise me you won't think someone "put" the alligators there and that they are "tame." Bring insect repellant.

There is also a skate ramp in Port Royal, about 5 minutes from Parris Island.
Too late...haha I got back about a week or two ago. I had alot of fun. Just chilled the whole time. But I did go to the beach. That skate park is out in front of the naval hospital right. Because if it is I saw it. Sweet. Thanks.