part man/part titanium

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Snacks said:
Who was your ortho doctor Five? I go in tomorrow :dead:

Have you been cleared to ride?
Whaaa? Why you seeing an ortho? Mine was William Clark at SW Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine next to Highline Hospital.

I've been cleared to ride, but nothing too extreme...although, I've been bmxing the last few weeks and rode at Whistler once
:)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I broke my humerous(big bone in my arm)yesterday at Whistler. They are talking about putting a plate in to stablize it :mumble:

My ortho is outta Swedish, but I wish I went to Highline instead. They are really good there.

How did your collar bone feel after riding at Whistler?

Typing with one hand SUCKS :angry: I have to go slow or my posts will look like bibs :p

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Snacks said:
I broke my humerous(big bone in my arm)yesterday at Whistler. They are talking about putting a plate in to stablize it :mumble:

My ortho is outta Swedish, but I wish I went to Highline instead. They are really good there.

Typing with one hand SUCKS :angry: I have to go slow or my posts will look like bibs :p
Ouch. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
Get well soon, Snacks. It will probably heal faster / better with the plate, I broke my leg several years ago (full fibula fracture, chipped tibia) and with 9 screws and a big plate I was riding again in 6 weeks, carefully :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Five said:
Whaaa? Why you seeing an ortho? Mine was William Clark at SW Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine next to Highline Hospital.
Clark was the guy who fixed me up. :cool:

Snacks said:
That's not so "humurous" to break your humerous. Yes you can hit me for that one.... Man every year a broken bone, girl you have become way too hard core!

Some serious vibes for ya, hopin you can hit Sawyer with me after a few months. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Snacks said:
haha. :evil:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Snacks said:

Awww man, sorry to hear - the PNW injury bug continues.....

My collarbone felt alright after Whistler - the only thing that freaked me out was that I wiped out off of the big GLC drop that made my butt pucker. Luckily no injuries but it did make me take it easy the rest of the day. The only problem I'm having w/ the collarbone is that since the metal is so close to the skin it tends to get cold fast. I don't have all my strength back, but the doc gave me the go ahead to start lifting again. Not having my strength sucks cause I keep getting beat out of the BMX gate. :mumble:

Jake (Mr. Beans) had a plate put in his arm after breaking it at Whistler earlier this summer. I think his was stainless steel rather than titanium.

Good luck w/ your appt - I hope you don't need surgery.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Surgery is generally better if you have the insurance to afford it. You will heal faster and be back on the bike quicker.

It took me awhile to get back to 100% after my hand. The first couple of crashes scare the hell out of you.
I got tagged by a car in traffic last week and was 90% sure that I had rebroken my hand.

Heal up quick snacks!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Sh*tty :angry: :mumble:
Man, you were kicking ass too! Sorry to hear! Maybe when I get my wisdom teeth yanked we can watch some movies together, all gimped up! :( I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my knee doesn't require surgery!

~what happened? How did you do that?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
No, I'm staying at Swedish, the doctors are hotter there :devil:

No surgery yet. They reset the bone this morning and I'm in a shoulder to forearm cast for two weeks. After that they'll see how it looks.

Thanks for all the heeling vibes :) I'm doing much better now that it is stable and Kevin isn't so worried about moving me.

I should be down at Hood to cheer everyone on!

BTW: the mtn. medics at Whistler are hella cool. If you have to break yourself on the trail that's prolly the best place to do it :cool:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Some of the PNW peeps are starting to resemble the terminator under the skin, jeeez. Five that is some serious hardware for a clav.... nice to see your up and running again.

Snacks, so sorry you went down and got damaged (tough way to get out of Tolt tonight :rolleyes: ), hope this heals fast.

Man so much damage over the last 2 years in the PNW :( :(

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Just got my appointment to get the wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. I'm about ready to pull them myself they hurt so bad!!! :(

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Holy bajesus - when you were telling me how much hardware you have in ya, I didn't realize you had THAT much hardware.

I hope we're never in line together at the airport metal detectors - we'd be setting those things off like crazy.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
The real test of your transformation to RoboCop is whether or not you set off the metal detectors at the airport. I've got the titanium femur, and I know that I don't. 42 cm of titanium, and nothing.

I'll get some pics up when I get around a scanner.

Mr. Beans

Chimp
Sep 22, 2004
Issaquah, WA
Radarr said:
The real test of your transformation to RoboCop is whether or not you set off the metal detectors at the airport. I've got the titanium femur, and I know that I don't. 42 cm of titanium, and nothing.

I'll get some pics up when I get around a scanner.

Glad your upgrade doesn't set them off either. I know my foot with 3-1" stainless plates and 2 screws didn't set it off either, but I haven't tried with my new 4" stainless and hardware too. I was always thinking that it would sort of depends on how sensitive the machine is set. I am sure I will try it out shortly.

I may just have to jump on the conveyor and run thru the x-ray machine. It would probably save everyone in line some time.

Jake