Quantcast

Partitioning a Nano?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I have 50MB of Disk space available after enabling disk use, but how can I increase it to 250MB? On my Shuffle, there's a slider control.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
narlus said:
why do you want to do this?
When I burn songs, I only want it to use a certain amount of the space, so I have room to take files to and from work. Right now it only allows me 50MB.

Watch it BV. :mumble:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
When I burn songs, I only want it to use a certain amount of the space, so I have room to take files to and from work. Right now it only allows me 50MB.

Watch it BV. :mumble:
Burn the music to CD? Get a real flash drive?

See, yet another reason to shun apple. :rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've heard of people making a specific-sized partition on their computer hard drive, which matches the mp3 player's drive size. this makes it easy to manage what can reasonably fit on the mp3 player. why you would want to partition the iPod's drive (to burn cdrs?) is something i still don't understand.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I do an autofill from iTunes and it eats all but 50MB. I want it to eat less so I can save work files to take home.

I'm not burning CDs...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
i've heard of people making a specific-sized partition on their computer hard drive, which matches the mp3 player's drive size. this makes it easy to manage what can reasonably fit on the mp3 player. why you would want to partition the iPod's drive (to burn cdrs?) is something i still don't understand.
the reason is to have one partition for storing songs (via the itunes/invisible setup), and another for file transfer. players that require/allow the user to drag files manually don't have this music space/user space issue.