Quantcast

Parts donation?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Hey internet friends..... recently I've been revamping my bike workshop area and last night went through my toolbox to tidy up. I threw a lot of stuff away, but have a bunch of random small parts that might be worth giving away to put to good use. Stuff ranges from new to well used, but all is functional. Lots of stuff to help finish donation bike builds, etc.

I was going to try to see if someone local would want to take it all through facebook, but figured I'd try here first. Anybody know of someone that might put this stuff to good use? I'll even cover shipping costs if it needs to get sent out.

As always, thanks in advance
IMG_20210201_010549306_resize_70.jpg
IMG_20210201_010558022_resize_54.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nice set of backup parts there. I probably have similar if I go through it. Remember I have a hope 90mm stem that I mounted and rode once switching for a 50mm. I'm still rocking 9-speed, but like you have backups.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My buddy used to work at a community bike shop that would build up used bikes for a non-profit. Perhaps you have one local to you. Or perhaps you can send them here

This looks like a winner to me, thanks @Westy . I have a few other duplicates of stuff like pumps and tools as well, which it looks like they want, too. And I remembered my other toolbox should have a few more things I no longer need/want, like some new rotors, etc.

I'll plan on boxing everything up and sending it their way.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I’ll take those t-handles in front of your bench, thnx
You'll have to pry them from my cold, dead hands then. I just got them a couple weeks ago after years and years of wanting them and not being able to justify the cost. My rekindled love for all things bikes after focusing on others (read wife/kids) for several years and putting bikes on hold helped make it ok.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
bikes for bombs? bombs on bikes? whatever it is in JP.

I have a crazy idea for a faux secret santa program where we all just send each other bike parts we don't want. Total value of around $50, see if the next guy can make use of an old roco and a disused shimano thru axle...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got everything boxed up along with some rotors and pumps I had no use for. Probably going to get it to the post office after the snowstorm is over.

Think I'm going to send it to the place Westy mentioned, for no other reason other than it was the first option and the thought of them getting a box of bike parts from a stranger 600mi away entertains me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got everything boxed up along with some rotors and pumps I had no use for. Probably going to get it to the post office after the snowstorm is over.

Think I'm going to send it to the place Westy mentioned, for no other reason other than it was the first option and the thought of them getting a box of bike parts from a stranger 600mi away entertains me.
You should print this page and insert it in the box like it was an invoice.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
bikes for bombs? bombs on bikes? whatever it is in JP.

I have a crazy idea for a faux secret santa program where we all just send each other bike parts we don't want. Total value of around $50, see if the next guy can make use of an old roco and a disused shimano thru axle...
I was just shopping for a 148mm conversion for my ole Hope Pro 2 hub. Made me feel old.