Quantcast

Passion

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
jdschall said:
No kidding.

I just threw away a velociraptor that was maybe 6 years old. Still had center tread on it but a few side knobs were torn off and missing.
I had a set on the first new MTB I bought that lasted for 3 years, and were still on the bike when I sold it w/ good tread.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Approved! (The orginal thought behind this thread anyway.)

I like having lots of bikes because I like playing with new stuff, and because I do lots of different kinds of riding. But with all the narrow niche-fillers these days, it's easy to go overboard. Each of my bikes is distinctly different and I am resisting the urge to fill the gaps. So I've decided I don't need a mountain bike between my hartail and 5X5, or between my 5X5 and 8X8.

For now anyway. :help:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
Approved! (The orginal thought behind this thread anyway.)

I like having lots of bikes because I like playing with new stuff, and because I do lots of different kinds of riding. But with all the narrow niche-fillers these days, it's easy to go overboard. Each of my bikes is distinctly different and I am resisting the urge to fill the gaps. So I've decided I don't need a mountain bike between my hartail and 5X5, or between my 5X5 and 8X8.

For now anyway. :help:
Dude - spend your money on a trip to Italy instead. And take you bike. :thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
OGRipper said:
Yeah but which bike?
recently a non-rider came into my home.
she looked over into the spare room, which is where the hardware resides. then she looked at me and asked, "why do you have to have so many bikes ? you can only ride one at a time."

talk about a "red square" disapproval mark.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dhbuilder said:
she looked over into the spare room, which is where the hardware resides. then she looked at me and asked, "why do you have to have so many bikes ? you can only ride one at a time."

Well, in a sense she's right. :D

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
Well, in a sense she's right. :D
actually she was wondering more about why someone my age was still riding bikes.

and if she looked closely, she'd have seen a little dust on all but the DH9.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dhbuilder said:

Next time ask her how many pairs of shoes she owns. :clue:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I have a pair of Holy Rollers on the way for my P.1, they should be pretty sweet. I really on ride that as my urban, it was intended to be a "freeridish" bike that is why I bought the Pike U-Turn. That thing is super sweet though and I got a smokin' deal on it too.

But I am really considering adding another bike to that collection. Maybe a road bike or a fixie...or maybe the new Specialized Demo 7 when that comes out. Choices choices choices.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
She's right to wonder. We mt bikers are a bit juvenile and fun loving, after all..... just like a bunch of big kids, we are. :thumb:
man, you got that right.:cool: