Quantcast

passport

do you have a valid passport?

• of course, how else would i travel to france?

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • no, foreigners give me the hives

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • i never leave my house

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
it was rapidly dispersed by the huge volumes of hot air emanating from St. Peter's Cathedral.

damn girlie, get out of the north-western hemisphere for a change.
yep...I would definitely like to. I keep getting drawn back to Mexico every time I plan a big trip. One day I will make it to Europe. Hopefully at a time when they can tolerate us bastard Americans! :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
screw that, get to south america!

here's a note from a guy i worked w/ in ireland (took the $ for working the job and has been travelling for the past 6 months):

Hope you´re all keeping well, and had a good Easter. I am in Ushuaia, Argentina these last few days, around Cape Horn. It´s probably colder here than it is in Ireland, a shock to the system! It´s where all the boats for Antartica leave from but I won´t be making this next leg this time round as it´d cost me a cool US$2,500, something my budget couldn´t quite absorb at the moment. Have just made the mammoth journey from Cusco, the Inca city in Peru- it took 50 hours on buses and a four hour flight. I'll have to repeat that dose in a few weeks time to get back to Peru, it´s a bit daft but we had to get down to Patagonia before it freezes over. Cusco and the Inca trail were amazing, the scenery on the four day hike is beautiful and Cusco is a great town to spend a few days in, and brilliant to go out in every night of the week. It´s also possible to sample such culinary delights as tripe and guinea pig there- the roast rodent wasn´t bad but he comes whole on the plate and his little front teeth are a tad off-putting.

I was travelling in Bolivia for a couple of weeks before Peru, it is hard to get around in especially as the Camposiños (peasants) in the country were on strike (protesting against getting screwed on petrol and water costs, etc- maybe we could take a leaf out of their book in Ireland?..) and had blocked all the roads, the President ended up resigning before coming back again- lots of commotion! However it has more indigenous people than any other South American country and their culture is very strong- lots of native Andean traditions and dress. In the countryside it felt like going back in time a hundred years. I went to Spanish school in Sucre for a week and also spent a few days in the highest capital city in the world- La Paz at 3,600m. Before Bolivia I was in Northern Argentina for a few weeks, mostly in Mendoza (another week of leisurely spanish lessons) and the Andean foothills. It is one of my favorite countries of all. It´s easy to do whatever you want there, it´s cheap and the people are so friendly and so much fun. And the steaks! I can´t wait to get to Buenas Aires after seeing the north of the country. Sadly Crea left us a couple of days ago (very noble of her to go home and make some money to support her boys on the road...), but happily Eoin will be coming on as substitute in about a fortnight. That´s all my news for now

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
<snip> One day I will make it to Europe. Hopefully at a time when they can tolerate us bastard Americans! :D
When we went, we found that although they may not like *America* they sure do like Americans. Especially if you're the lest bit respectful. :thumb:

I can only think of a single bad experience we had......... and that was with French train system employee. :D

-S.S.-

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My company is looking for people to go to Jerusalem for an install. I've been asked if I was interested in going, but I'm not sure Israel is the safest place for someone to be right now. :confused:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
When we went, we found that although they may not like *America* they sure do like Americans. Especially if you're the lest bit respectful. :thumb:

I can only think of a single bad experience we had......... and that was with French train system employee. :D

-S.S.-
Well it may not seem like it from my posts here, but if people are nice to me, I am nice back. That's cool though...I really don't like having someone treat me like a piece of sh!t when I'm handing them money! cough cough CANADA! cough cough...just kidding...not everyone was a prick up there...just our cab driver we ended up with every friggin time.