Quantcast

Patapsco and other Trail news.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Looks like the Lewis and Clark trail is going to stay open for awhile and that a new jump / tech park is in the works. I for one will no longer give Bikermiker or MORE a hard time.

Thanks Mike, keep up the good work.

Read about it here:
http://www.citybikesmike.blogspot.com/

Also this weekend, corridor clearing work began on a new tech trail section at Rosaryville St. Park. They will probably start building tech features starting this fall.

More about Rosey found here:
http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3944

Sounds like good news to me.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
there is going to be some surprises coming to patapsco as well. thanks to our friends at MORE, there is going to be a "special area" coming available...of course it will take time and details are cloudy, but it's coming. should we start a thread thanking MORE now? I wonder if it would start another flame, ha ha!

Drevil

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
I was riding at Lewis and Clark when I ran into MORE (i.e., Mike Klasmeier, Dan Hudson, and Eric Crawford, et. al.) when they met with the Park Authorities last week. I wasn't supposed to attend this meeting, but was invited to stay. I did, but didn't say a peep. Just observed.

Disclaimer before going on: I'm a current MORE member and former MORE board member. (I wasn't that active/helpful when I was a board member though.) I'm a non-suspended, singlespeed, 29er XC geek, and possibly the subject of much ridicule on this board, along with my ilk. Neither Mike, nor anyone else has put me up to this.

Anyways, I was awestruck how great a job that those guys did at the meeting. They had to tread very lightly around the subject, stay extremely diplomatic, yet they still fought valiantly to keep Lewis and Clark from getting shut down right now. I don't want to get into too many details, but the threat of it all closing down and getting plowed over is very real and tenuous. IMHO, if it wasn't for the volunteered effort and work of those guys and others in MORE, Lewis and Clark may be gone right now.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
Drevil said:
I'm a non-suspended, singlespeed, 29er XC geek, and possibly the subject of much ridicule on this board, along with my ilk. Neither Mike, nor anyone else has put me up to this.
let me just begin the ridicule now:

:rofl:

i've been waiting like, 5 years to use that photo.

in all seriousity, i've been nothing but impressed with those guys lately. if things keep heading this way, us dirtbag freeriders won't have MORE to pick on anymore. then we'll have to start on the rigid 29r crew :D

and just to pick on myself, yeah, that's a 5 inch fork on a giant xtc ...

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
This is great. I may not be a freerider, but I really respect this side of MTB and hope it grows in this area into something just as recognized by our local organizations as anything else. It looks like things are starting to take off in this direction and I hope it continues to do so. I'd love to have some good free ride runs in the Waynesboro/Charlottesville area to mess around on. I love the occaisional stunts and obstacles I run into and would like to see some more really smooth flowing clean free ride lines to play on. I'll definitely be there if things take off and some trail work days start coming around. I'm itching to advance my skills.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Where exactly is this section of trails and how do we get the help work on them ? I'm tired of being the only kid in my neck of the woods building any trails, and trust me, a one man team works slowly :rofl: I'll volunteer my help digging this free ride section if its not terribly far from me.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
dan wask said:
Where exactly is this section of trails and how do we get the help work on them ? I'm tired of being the only kid in my neck of the woods building any trails, and trust me, a one man team works slowly :rofl: I'll volunteer my help digging this free ride section if its not terribly far from me.
Join MORE!

Roodle

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Rockville, MD
rode these sexy illicit trails for the first time today after getting directions from a shop and a local trail runner.

i read in someone's blog that it was pretty sketchy and was pleased to see that a) they were decent and b) they werent nearly as dangerous and unreasonably big as they were proported to be. seems like someone spent a lot of time back there and simply hasn't finished.

i can't wait until it's all nice and sanitized, i mean sustainable and roped off with ems and baywatch lifeguards on standby! is it as appealling if its anoretic bearded guys in orange trunks running through the woods to my rescue? i knwo i'm getting hot as i type it so it must be!

sounds like MORE is on the right track! word.