Quantcast

Patent Life?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
How have the Camelbak and Ahead-set patents run out but not the Horst Link (FSR)? Anyone know when that will run out? Do all patents die eventually or can one be re-issued indefinitely?
Pretty sure 2012 for FSR

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Meh. I was just curious why this patent is still in effect when the Camelbak and Ahead-set patents (those things came on the scene a few years later) aren't. Specialized is such a sue-happy company it'll be nice to see them lose their grip on a patent that wasn't originally theirs anyway. Remember we used to call it the Horst Link and it first appeared on Amp bikes?

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Meh. I was just curious why this patent is still in effect when the Camelbak and Ahead-set patents (those things came on the scene a few years later) aren't. Specialized is such a sue-happy company it'll be nice to see them lose their grip on a patent that wasn't originally theirs anyway. Remember we used to call it the Horst Link and it first appeared on Amp bikes?
1: They bought it - therefore it is theirs now.
2: They still call it a Horst link, so yeah i remember that (and i do remember the AMP days)
3: SBC have done more with the ideas generated from that pivot than AMP ever imagined
4: They have tweaked the patent to make it more relevant, that's probably how it is still going.