Quantcast

Patineto inspired me

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
My dirt jump frame has rediculously long chainstays -- It's a Voodoo Shango with these killer adjustable dropouts but the stays are 17" in the closest setting.

So...I've decided to fix it by having new dropouts fabricated.

Here's where I'm at so far:

I've managed to reduce chainstay length by almost 3/4" without any clearance issues (I hope). I can dremel them once I get them back from the shop for any final fitting.

Every so often, I do machinery wiring for a local industrial machine shop. They'll knock these things out for me for gratis. I might have to spring for the T-6 plate if they don't have any on the shelf. It's only about a 2"X4" chunk of 3/8" so that won't be much.

It's been, like, 20 years since college drafting class. These plans are taking me forever to draw.

I'll post up more as the project progresses.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Nice. Always good to see this sort of stuff.

Now, if your local machinist is willing to tolerance those to a hundred thousandth of an inch, then you are getting a pretty sweet deal.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow - that's pretty sweet - that's some pretty nice drafting for not having done it for so long. Looks good.:thumb:

Let us know how it turns out.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Inclag said:
Now, if your local machinist is willing to tolerance those to a hundred thousandth of an inch, then you are getting a pretty sweet deal.
Yeah, Frank does very sweet work, but I'm not really worried about hundred thousandths on this one. I guarantee my drawings are no where near that precise!

The only super-critical areas are the alignment slots and holes (and not even that critical -- it's a bike, not the space shuttle:rofl: ). Hell, the rest of it could be in 64ths and I'd be happy.

Anyway, thanks for the props everyone. Probably wont be able to get them to the shop 'till next week. I'll post up when I get 'em back.

Aggrodad

Chimp
Jan 20, 2016
I recently boughta Voodoo Shango and one of these sliding dropout plates has a stripped thread. Does anybody here have a spare or know where I can find one? I especially need the drive side but wouldn't mind buying a pair. Thanks!