Quantcast

patineto makes it into Singletrack online Magazine....

J

JRB

He is a sharp guy. He could engineer tons of cool stuff with real equipment. His devices are very crude, so imagine if he had real lathes and access to CNC equipment. He would be unstoppable.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
loco said:
He is a sharp guy. He could engineer tons of cool stuff with real equipment. His devices are very crude, so imagine if he had real lathes and access to CNC equipment. He would be unstoppable.
Don Loco i do have acess to fincy Machine, the only problem is that it cost money...lots of money, so for my prototypes and for fun I'm just make the stuff out of what ever crap I can find..

for example here is one of my "Pretty " parts.

actually the shape maybe pretty but is all function.

this part is design to attach a Acerbis handguard to a motorcycle handlebar with out creating any interferance of possible damage of the Hydrolic and clutch line do to the Guillotine affect so comun with poorlly design handguards clamps

the Little Red O-rings are there to hold the wires that come from the control pods so you don't even need to ziptie them to the bars for easy acesss

here is the handguard and the mount iinstall on the bike so you can see how it works.

neddless to say the parts works extremlly well and does not carry any of the compromises most handguard clamps do...

about My prototypes...
i enjoy very much to make stuff "A la MadMax" since you can really show the important part is the design and the concept more than the over all resolution, but i wish I have sufficient capital to rent a proper space to work (the rents around here are crazy high) since build the tools is not even that expensive....

actually I made that rack in 1997 in about 2 1/2 hours and exept for minor updates is being the same ever since, as you can see a prove of a well executed concept, the funny part is that if I dummsteer dive at the bike shop trash can on a diferent day maybe the rack will be diferent since I build it with just what i found that very same day...

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
TreeSaw said:
:thumb: That's AWESOME :D
Thanks

Not as Awesome as that little thing what just came out of you Belly..:rolleyes:

my rack is just a bunch of tubes

Theresa I just so your e-ail, i hope it have good news inside if not I send you plan B really soon..

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
S.K.C. said:
Patineto - congratulations!

That set-up on your BMW looks badass! - For the hardcore 2-wheel enthusiast.
more than anything is so much fun....

before the rack i was always wondering what to do on my Day off...

Ride the Push bike or the motorbike...:love: :redhot: :oink:

ow I ride one to go and really ride on the other one, think about like a aircraft carrior, were the big boat is just the Vehicle when the real goal is to ride the Bicycle..

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
the Inbred said:
engineer challenge between DW and patineto. throw in Sideways/Marshall, too.
You Know InBred....

I have so many ideas to share with Him, but he is just impossible to find, I send him PM's a few times (the box always full) send E-mail to the company (Nothing ever happend) and I try to talk with him at Seaotter, But No go,,,

Oh well , if i have more money, paccience and time i will developed this concepts, but i already have more than a sufficient amount in my plate with all my motorcycle design challenges and clients...

acttually will be fun to make contest here from time to time...

you know Find a Topic or a problem that need to be solve or Improve and then set a time frame and see what people come up with, exelent brain exercice and for sure a lot of fun not to mension very helpful from time to time..

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
I finally got some new fotos download

can you Say LaneSplitting Heaven...!?!?

Yeah the BIkes stick out really far but to the day is no damage to any of the structures on the Motorbike (Not even a bend subframe) or the original "Pennytech" rack after about 120,000/130,000 milles of carring bicycles and a few other heavy things around

at the Seaotter

But this is always the best part...
The Smiles of the Little Ones...

J

JRB

patineto said:
Don Loco i do have acess to fincy Machine, the only problem is that it cost money...lots of money, so for my prototypes and for fun I'm just make the stuff out of what ever crap I can find..
Bad ass - that makes it all the more impressive. Your mind is truly genius. :thumb:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My friend had a rack like that about 5-7 years ago. Worked fine but it messes up the CG of the motorcycle (must be really bad with 2 DH bikes).

He said he'd design a bicycle trailer next time instead for better handling/CG.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
loco said:
Bad ass - that makes it all the more impressive. Your mind is truly genius. :thumb:
Actually Loco i have this strange Theory that I call "Wrost case scenario manufacturing" or something like that since the name is in Spanish..

the concept is very simple...

if you can make a part with sub-standard materials, chessy tolerances and hand tools and still works as soppose to be, just imagine how it will work when you make it the right way with proper tools and materials......

basically this way you get to have extreme reliability and a very thick cushion of redundancy making the parts pretty much Bullet proof do to the very strong and basic design filosofy

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
so can somebody Explain me why if I talk about something some how serius (like the last few postings) nobody ever respond to the tread anymore....!?!?

this for sure makes it kind of difcult to get a profound conversation going..

Just wondering..