Quantcast

Patriots or Eagles??!?

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
BTW, I'm rooting for the eagles, but I'm pretty sure the patriots will win. I'm gonna be rooting for the Eagles, hopefully T.O. plays good in his first game back. :thumb: :D

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Pats will win, no doubt in my mind really. They have the talent and the history to back this up. They have proven over the last 3 years that, no matter the opponent, they are unstoppable in the playoffs.

I'm not sure who I want to win. I am not that passionate about either team, but I like them both. I have always liked McNabb and Andy Reid but my entire family is from Boston, so I have some allegiance there too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Patriots all the way... The team is just unbeatable. Last night, Pittsburgh was favored to win by 6 points, and look at what happened - the Pats may as well have been playing a high school team.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Looks like the Patriots are the obvious choice here. I just hope it's a good game, if Philly can keep it close anything could happen.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Eagles or the game will most likely come down to a Vinitari field goal like it does every year and they will win by 3. Why cant the last saving play of the game be an amazing catch. Instead it has to be their amazing all around kicker who is solid from 40 yards.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This Superbowl is gonna be a huge letdown from last years game.
In the last 2 years, the Carolina Panthers were the only team that could match up with the Patriots when it counted, in the playoffs.
That game could have gone either way, and was awesome to watch.
This year the Cardiac Cats will be sorely missed as Patriots destroy the Eagles.
Wait til next year. :thumb:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
jdcamb said:
My buddy told me that Revere will burn this time if the Pats win. So I am going for the Pats!
LOL - I was all for the Patriots before, this is just the icing on the cake!!!

So long Reveah.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
The Eagles, who earlier in the season were soft against the run, showed they can put the clamps on the deadliest running attack in the game (Atlanta edit, yes I know they didn't have the most team rushing yards, but the fact is that they have 3 world-class running backs including Vick, and they had the most yards per carry...that's deadly). Throughout the season they made necessary adjustments that have resulted in a rock solid defensive line, and a brilliant secondary. While on paper they're tied with the Pats in PPG, if you take into consideration that the Eagles basically gave away the last 2 games of the season, it's clear the Eagles defense is absolutely the most effective in the NFL at keeping opponents from scoring.

McNabb not only can throw in the pocket, but also can scramble better than any opponent the Pats faced this year (the only better scrambler in the whole league is Vick). Westbrook can play running back, wide receiver, water boy, cheerleader...hell, I think I saw him carrying a beer cooler in the upper deck during halftime. The guy can do it all. With TO out, the other receivers stepped up and showed they too could catch a pass and run with it. Add TO back into the mix (and yes, he'll be there), and you have an unstoppable receiving corps. Don't forget, the Eagles also have the most effective screen pass game in football.

The Eagles have too many weapons for the Pats to stop them from scoring, and the Eagles defense and Jim Johnson have the personnel and the skills to keep Cory Dillon and Brady's receivers from reaching the endzone more than a couple times.

I say Eagles 27, Pats 17

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
I don't understand why people that like the Eagles think the Patriots will win..the Patriots suck. The eagles have won the last 2-3 games w/o T.O. so this should be a cake walk with him.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Slugman said:
LOL - I was all for the Patriots before, this is just the icing on the cake!!!

So long Reveah.

Wait... I thought you spent time in Philly you TURNCOAT!

If I had know that, I'd have given you a little help getting down Direct Dail
:dead:

:devil:

PHILLY!!!

The Eagles stand a better chance against the Pats IMO.
They have a good blitz and are poor against the run... Playing into the Pats strengths/weaknesses. This (as proven earlier this season) does nothing against the Steelers. The Steelers D shut down Philly, I don't think the Pats will. Plus, if TO is back (and in form) :thumb:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
El Jefe said:
Loser does Telonics in a thong, videotaped?
Damn you - water on the computer screen again...

Dude - NO ONE wants to see me in a thong... even my wife would puke. I'm not THAT confident in the Pats....

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Slugman said:
Damn you - water on the computer screen again...

Dude - NO ONE wants to see me in a thong... even my wife would puke. I'm not THAT confident in the Pats....
Yeah, after I typed that, I was thinking, "that's pretty much a lose-lose proposition."

We have a little while to think of something. Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Even if TO is back, I don't see how everyone can make a big deal of it. Sure, he'll make a remarkably quick return to the field, but just how effective do you think he can be? There is no possible way he can make the cuts and breaks like he did before the injury, let alone get the YAK that makes him special. He will be a non-factor regardless of his return.

Westbrook is by far the best athlete on the team right now. But, the Pat's linebacking corp is the best that this league has seen in several years, just look at what they did against Indy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
El Jefe said:
Yeah, after I typed that, I was thinking, "that's pretty much a lose-lose proposition."

We have a little while to think of something. Suggestions from the peanut galle?
if we were mayors of our respective cities, we could do the hackneyed food trade:

a dozen cheesesteaks against a couple lobsters and a jug of chowder.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
T.O is not the Eagles, but they sure do play a lot better with him :)

He WILL start Superbowl weekend. And he'll have around 100yrds and 1-2 TD's. That's what he's paid to do and he'll do it, especially stepping up in the Superbowl.

Patriots won't go easy though. Ty Law should hopefully be back and add some better defense in their secondary. It's going to be a close game this year. I would like to see Phili win it...........something like 27-21. Score will be that close. I know it :)